ISO of North Island Excavator with Rock Breaker

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey Guy's

I have a big rock on my lot in Winter Harbour which I am working to remove. I have been working on it all summer with expanding grout and it has been working but progress is slow. I want to try a smallish excavator with a rock hammer this fall. Do any of you know of any rental companies either in Port Hardy or Campbell River that rent this type of equipment? I have found Xtend Rental in Nanimo but looking at there website they want to deliver the equipment which is going to be pricey getting it into Winter Harbour.

Here is a picture of what the lot started as

image1 (2).jpeg

This is where we are now

IMG_0473.JPEG

IMG_0476.JPEG

IMG_0475.JPEG

IMG_0422.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_0477.JPEG
    IMG_0477.JPEG
    834.5 KB · Views: 47
Their flat deck and dump trailer can hold 13000lbs and a 35 is only 7700 lbs.
maybe a cheaper way than getting it delivered.

Hey Guy's

I have a big rock on my lot in Winter Harbour which I am working to remove. I have been working on it all summer with expanding grout and it has been working but progress is slow. I want to try a smallish excavator with a rock hammer this fall. Do any of you know of any rental companies either in Port Hardy or Campbell River that rent this type of equipment? I have found Xtend Rental in Nanimo but looking at there website they want to deliver the equipment which is going to be pricey getting it into Winter Harbour.

Here is a picture of what the lot started as

View attachment 85959

This is where we are now

View attachment 85960

View attachment 85961

View attachment 85963

View attachment 85964
Starting to work. Crackamite is good for detail rock removal but slow going for bulk quantity as you're finding. Still it does look like it will go ok once you get a small machine with a breaker.

give Stuart at Abernethy Construction in Port Mcneil he can probably help you or steer you in the right direction

Have you talked to Will or Nick Moore from the logging camp? They have some pretty big equipment out there . Might have something that'll work ....

So over the Christmas/New Year Break I made it up to my rock in Winter harbour and went to work on it with an excavator and a rock hammer I rented for the week!
IMG_0542.JPEG

Made some great progress but also had some issues with the machine, lines leaking, track falling off, hoses bursting and finally on the last day one of the track tension cylinder's failed and so I couldn't tension the track any more. Luckily for me there where some awesome guy's from the Moore camp who where able to help me get it back on the trailer!

IMG_0543.JPEG IMG_0554.JPEGIMG_0552.JPEGIMG_0546.JPEG

I had a big machine come in from the Moore Camp and do a big clean up after I was done. I made a lot room, I think it was a win but I still have a lot of rock to break out to totally flatten the lot!

IMG_0616.JPEG

Back