ISO - 2010 9.9 Yamaha Trim Motor or Complete Assembly

Sandpiper

Well I have a dead trim motor on my kicker and I tried to source a replacement motor thru the (Sherwood Marine) dealer and it was almost a $1000. Im looking for either a new motor assembly as my valve bank and cylinder are in good shape or a complete used assembly I can bolt in and go. Please let me know if know of the where abouts of these parts.

Im not trying to jump in front of Sandpiper, but I could use one also if someone has more than one sitting on a shelf.

Hey Fish Brain, Im going to take my assembly into an electric repair shop and see if they can fix it as Reel Gone has suggested. Ill keep you posted how that goes.

Well I have a dead trim motor on my kicker and I tried to source a replacement motor thru the (Sherwood Marine) dealer and it was almost a $1000. Im looking for either a new motor assembly as my valve bank and cylinder are in good shape or a complete used assembly I can bolt in and go. Please let me know if know of the where abouts of these parts.
Check relays first, dbelectric.com has replacement motors for around 100.00. I have had good luck with their trim relays.

Some progress has been made for anyone in a similar situation such as Fish Brain. I took the tilt motor to an automotive electric repair shop. He determined the motor was shot and needed replacement. He found a motor for around $200 out of Ontario this is a far cry from the $600 I was quoted from Sherwood Marine. Please PM me if you need further info on the shop that has assisted me with this.

Back