Islander MR3 Solid Back Guide Model Gold Mooching

Haze

Islander MR3 Solid Back (Guide Model) Gold Mooching Reel.

This reel was my 3rd reel or my spare this last summer, for the most part it sat in its neoprene case in a lock box on my boat. On the rare occasion when I needed a third rod or when one of my other two main reels had issues I would use this for the remainder of the day until the other could be serviced.
The reel honestly has seen less than a couple of weeks of use.
As you can see from the pictures I had the handles modified to a firm short rubber paddle. I found these really helped on those occasions when the reel knuckles you, and my guests sure appreciated the upgrade. The original knobs are included if you choose to use them instead.
The warranty card for this reel was never filled out so you are free to fill it out and file it with your own information.
These reels go for $585 plus tax but I’m trying to pick up an Islander LX 3.6 fly reel and I need the cash to make the switch so here’s your chance to get a great deal.

Product Info from their WebSite:
Line Weight monofilament
Spool Dia 4.6 inches
Spool Width 1.000 inches
Volume 6.7 cubic inches
Weight 12.8 ounces
Capacity 350 yards 30lbs monofilament
* Different backing styles can change line capacities

The Islander MR3 is the latest entry into the premier salmon mooching reel field. It is result of years of research and development based upon the input of dealers, guides, and pro-staff. Single action reels have long been the choice of most experienced guides and premier lodges on the west cost of British Columbia. Throughout its history, Islander has gained a reputation for longevity and reliability across the fishing community.

Continuing in the Islander tradition of the single action reel, the MR3 utilizes Islanders’ impressive silky smooth drag system. Drag is supplied by a large 3-inch clutch, which uses a double pawl system for positive clutch lock up. The drag is adjusted from the spool side, hence the nickname “Knuckle-busterâ€, which happens if the angler is not quick enough moving their hand when the fish makes a run for freedom.

The large sculptured drag knob makes for comfortable use under all conditions. A wide range of drag adjustment allows the angler to choose just the right amount of pressure to subdue even the most ambitious finned adversary. Incorporated into the reel are three large, fully sealed stainless steel ball bearings. The MR3 incorporates a large arbor spool for quicker line pickup; this also eliminates the need for the use of backing as filler. Oversized handles are very user friendly and there also flat, paddle style handles available as an option.

Notes

Right Or Left Hand
The MR3 is easily converted to either left or right-hand retrieve.

IMGP0602.jpg

IMGP0604.jpg

Was never picked up so it's back up for sale first come first serve!

$425 firm
you can phone directly 250 923 8590
I'm in Campbell River

just got a call sale pending...

Back