Islander MR3, Large Arbor, Ported, Color-Blue-$375

luvfishin

I have a Blue Islander MR3, Bought four or five years ago. Lightly used. Some Scratches but in great working condition. Recently spooled with 30lb Big Game Mono. $375 obo. Located in Victoria.

I am located in Victoria, more specifically Mt. Doug. As for the boat I ran it on, the answer would be several different ones over the years. Im not sure how that correlates to the sale of the reel. I am also unsure as to where i would find the serial number. If anyone would like to come take a look at it they can text me at 250 818 3667.
Thanks!

No offense meant. With all the thefts as of late, I was merely asking as a a brand new member's first post is to sell something.

In this day and age one always wonders.

Good luck on the sale of the reel! They are a treat to fish with!

No offense meant. With all the thefts as of late, I was merely asking as a a brand new member's first post is to sell something.

I guess with almost 3000 posts you have nothing better to do than harass newbies.

with his flyers in the tank and the Leafs on a roll he has to do something :)

I guess with almost 3000 posts you have nothing better to do than harass newbies.

No, but given recent thefts and a single post comes in from a new member it never hurts to ask. I guess with barely 15 months you don't quite get it yet, have not seen years of theft reports on here and have an inkling as to why one's suspicion would be raised?

"Nothing better to do". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you would be offended, oh well. Having been around here a long time it is just something one notices. I do not harass newbies Killer B....that is offensive. :rolleyes: I asked a question. Believe me....I was far from the only one thinking that. ;)

I wished luck....and if you fail to see that or understand, that is your choice for chiming in. :p

Back to to the OP selling his reel. Will make a nice Xmas addition to someone's gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

I had a new "islander steelheader" and put it up for sale yrs ago on Craigslist...[bought from a forum member with a rod that I was after]..a fellow comes to the house to look at it..he takes it out of box and grabs his cell phone..calls into local RCMP detachment with serial # [they are on real seat ;-) ] to see if it was listed as stolen ..long story short..he was a local member of RCMP and an avid fisherman.. he bought the reel and we bs'd about our fishing adventures both fresh and salt water..so ya people do have their suspicions regarding buying stuff on line from unknown sources. ..ps awesome reel that op is selling. Hope you sell it

I had a new "islander steelheader" and put it up for sale yrs ago on Craigslist...[bought from a forum member with a rod that I was after]..a fellow comes to the house to look at it..he takes it out of box and grabs his cell phone..calls into local RCMP detachment with serial # [they are on real seat ;-) ] to see if it was listed as stolen ..long story short..he was a local member of RCMP and an avid fisherman.. he bought the reel and we bs'd about our fishing adventures both fresh and salt water..so ya people do have their suspicions regarding buying stuff on line from unknown sources. ..ps awesome reel that op is selling. Hope you sell it

Thanks for that....I know of a number stolen recently from Royal Van...Finished Business' house was just ransacked with reels stolen. Know of a couple other on the Island who are not members here, a buddy also in North Van about 6 weeks ago. Given this day and age where you hear of the amount of stolen stuff on sites like Craigslist, one can be suspicious. If KB doesn't get it.....oh well. I offer up tons of info and have been a member in good standing...forgive me. ;)

I get it. Its total crap that there are people out there that steal a guys gear. Trust me I would love to catch one of them..... just thought your delivery of asking for a serial number was a little agressive.

No offense taken, I was just a bit confused by the question. I now know where the serial number is so any serious buyer that is serious, I would be happy to give them the serial number.
FYI NEW PRICE- $350.00 OBO
Cheers!

Back