Is this crazy

CIVANO

A motorcycle crashes and he slides toward a semi coming the other way

9 seconds only

that is pretty crazy. looks like he hit something that was running across the road. that right there is why I've never been interested in riding a motorcycle on the highway.... had enough accidents racing motocross when I was younger.

Crazy? Yeah, those guys are crazy lucky. You can't really tell because the plate area is blurred for some reason, but it looks like a combo of hitting the dog combined with a touch of front brake lock up. I ride a buell 1200r that weighs a touch over 600 lbs, I've hit small animals (2 rabbits and a cat)before at highway speed and they basically just split in half or get crushed flat where you hit them.

While I can understand the desire for some people(I'm not trying to offend you here in anyway BD) to never ride a motorcycle on a highway because of things like this, is in my very honest opinion not a very good logic to have. By the same logic, one would never go fishing on a boat because they can hit submerged logs and sink. One would also never want to ever drive a car on a highway in BC because we have elk, wolves, deer, carriboo, moose, bear, mountain goats, bighorn sheep etc etc that can take out a car just as fast as that dog took out that bike. living a life of not doing any fun stuff because there's a 1/1,000,000+ chance of dying while you do it, is a pretty boring life to "live"...

Buddy in the black was lucky to find some traction with his leg while sliding to prevent sliding under that cabover.. Whoa...

no offense taken Big shank. just my personal preference only. and i can understand your logic completely.
I have 3 close friends that have died in motorcycle accidents on the highway. 2 of them were from the same family a few years apart... a guy lost his son and wife in separate accidents. he still rides. I have plenty of friends that go on long motorcycle road trips every year and have a great time. i'm a bit of a risk taker at heart so i kinda know that it's prob best for me to stay away from combination of bikes and the highway. sometimes if you have that gut feeling it's best to go with it. at least in my case anyways... also didn't hurt that I broke my back once in an accident while riding and couldn't move for more than a few months. kinda gave me a new respect for the sport.

Fair enough bigdogeh, and unfortunately I know all too well about losing friends in motorcycle accidents. Three people I've known have been killed or have died on their motorcycles in the past few years. Two of them were siblings in unrelated accidents, one was the fault of a drunk driver up island, the second was her brother, he had a heart attack on the highway down south... So many different things can happen out there in the blink of an eye.

Back