Is this an exceedingly stupid idea?

FisherTim

I just fixed but my number 2 carb has a hairline crack in the bowl and is spitting out fuel. I was thinking of just capping the line before the carb and running home (about 8 miles) on 3 out of 4 cylinders. I want to stop paying moorage here and it's a different island. The Motor is a Yamaha F100. Since it's a 4 stroke it would still get lubricated, and it runs fine at 1000-1500 rpm, thought it was just a little rough... couldn't even tell it was only firing on 3 until I found the crack.

Tim

That's what I would try - the JB Weld. First spray some carb cleaner or brake cleaner on the carb and get it clean, Then mix us some JB and smear it into the crack, not just once, but many times to force it as deep into the crack as possible. Smooth out the surface with a wet finger (not too wet) and let it harden. I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts a good long while.

+1 on the jb weld, drain fuel outa bowl if possible, wipe with alcohol, and dry off with paper towel. should be a permanent fix

I agree as its just a patch on something with no stress on it. Would be good enough until you scrounged up a used piece

I got 150 K on devcon and light glass cloth impregnated with devcon on a transfer case oil pump case leak and wasn't leaking when I sold it. Current trucks transfer case fixed the same way. Lol!

Back