IPHC 2015 Annual Meeting

Ok I'll bite. The sports sector by leaving an estimated 140,000lbs in the water partially paid back the million pounds plus they are over from previous years. if a sector does not want to take overages off year to year then the sector doesn't get the carryover either.

That being said there is a provision where the sports sector can lease the underage to the commercial sector and then use that money to lease fish back from the commercial sector to increase the sports sectors share on a future season, as was done in previous years.

I say NO to leasing anything from any sector! Fish in the water are a common property resource that belongs to ALL Canadians. Our ancestors fought hard for this right from the feudal lords of old starting with the Magna Carta. The leasing from one sector to another leads to the privatization of a common property resource which will mean that wealthy corporate interests will own all the fish and mean the end to recreational fishing as we know it.

i say no to leasing anything from any sector! Fish in the water are a common property resource that belongs to all canadians. Our ancestors fought hard for this right from the feudal lords of old starting with the magna carta. The leasing from one sector to another leads to the privatization of a common property resource which will mean that wealthy corporate interests will own all the fish and mean the end to recreational fishing as we know it.

agree!!!! ..................!!

I would say not to prove a point but to give anglers the most options and choice and stop over restricting ourselves. Not sure what Serengetti meant but why would we purposely over restrict ourselves again this year when we have the past two: pretty dumb!

Trusting dfo to manage us to the pound is scary stuff. So what happens when we go over by 50,000 lbs? Does that come off next years quota?

It does not at present time no. But if people are going to take a super crazy cautious only approach to it every year it would only make sense for them to push for carry over.

It does not at present time no. But if people are going to take a super crazy cautious only approach to it every year it would only make sense for them to push for carry over.

Tough to carry forward an underage if your not willing to cover an overage.

Who flipped bill for court battle to turn over the allocation decision?The judge who got paid per day to oversee the court challenge I am sure it came out of taxpayer dollars... And didn't you guys lose...:confused: So if you calculate against your silly your over statement you probably owe us something more like other way around. I think that's a pathetic statement personally but carry on stir it up...

Well if we are going to continuing leaving 140-250k in the water every year probably a good idea sfab decides to take that risk on an underage/overage....

Back