iPad with Navionics or Chip for Lowrance

Hi, I have Furuno for my main, was looking at a second stand a lone fish finder, plotter for the cockpit area, just thought I would explore the iPad route, probably will use it for a back up system in the cabin.
Regards

Just an FYI Bennie. If you don't already have a tablet have a look at Visions Electronics; my Dad just got himself a Samsung TAB4 10.1 for $279.00. Pretty good pricing and if you are not set on iPad/iOS you could go Android on this device for a good price.

(personally as an iPad owner, my next tablet will be a Samsung after trying my bro-in-laws a while back)

Hi Pippen, thanks for the info, I do have a Ipad, so will probably buy the app and use as a back up and for planning at home.
Regards

I have a Raymarine A77 and A78 and still use my iPad Navionics+. I also have the Bad Elf GPS plug so I don't have to rely on the cell sites should I use the plug in. I find I use my MFD's for the sonar and my iPad for reading the fishing contours and monitoring my tracks. When in the fog I use the previously mentioned with radar and chart on the MFD's and use the AIS vessel tracker app on the iPad - a very impressive AIS tracker if you have cell service.

Hi Pippen, thanks for the info, I do have a Ipad, so will probably buy the app and use as a back up and for planning at home.
Regards

Back