International space station

Here is an edit to brighten up the trailing craft.You can see the ISS in front and behind it the ATV. Its the one just above the light pollution blob. This frame represents 8 seconds of flight time.

View attachment 13463

Awesome pic Jedi........docking is supposed to be tomorrow......hope you have your camera ready !

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried again last night to get a timelapse video but I miscalculated the arc and only caught it in the corner of the frame. Also it got pretty cloudy around the time of the second pass so I missed it. Maybe tonight if it clears up.

Here are a couple other pictures I grabbed over the last week or so.

This is of the Andromeda galaxy. Roughly 200 frames stacked, 8 second exposures, 50mm prime lense and F1.8

10550933_10154474274235301_6947729737532456695_n[1].jpg

Here is a long exposure star trail Polaris in the top right.

10525797_10154474307145301_6171785234592584306_n[2].jpg

Here is an edit to brighten up the trailing craft.You can see the ISS in front and behind it the ATV. Its the one just above the light pollution blob. This frame represents 8 seconds of flight time.
View attachment 13463

I tried again last night to get a timelapse video but I miscalculated the arc and only caught it in the corner of the frame. Also it got pretty cloudy around the time of the second pass so I missed it. Maybe tonight if it clears up.

Here are a couple other pictures I grabbed over the last week or so.

This is of the Andromeda galaxy. Roughly 200 frames stacked, 8 second exposures, 50mm prime lense and F1.8

View attachment 13497

Here is a long exposure star trail Polaris in the top right.

View attachment 13498

Don't know where you are Jedi but we're all socked in here; not much chance to see anything tonight !

Those are great pics jedimaster, i check out the Andromeda galaxy in my 8" Dobsonian telescope i made over ten years ago all the time, to think those light photons originated 2.3 million years ago before hitting your lense, just amazing. Ive taken some awesome pictures of the moon with just placing the digi to the eyepiece. How do you stack the photos, i imagine that is done with software or a feature of your camera ? Is your camera fixed or does it track the stars ?

Good show nice and clear went just east of Mars from our location......
Was hoping to see the atv which supposedly is out in front again but no sign....
Only three more nights then gone for a while again.....:(

Wed Aug 20, 10:03 PM 3 min 16° 11 above W 14 above SSW
Thu Aug 21, 9:15 PM 4 min 24° 17 above W 10 above SSE
Sat Aug 23, 9:15 PM 2 min 11° 10 above WSW 10 above SSW

Thanks for the times Moby.
Will take a look, but sounds pretty low (may be blocked by trees).

Caught a glimpse through the trees last night, tonight was higher and a better view.
Didn't see the ATV either.
Sure moves quickly.
Saturdays pass looks pretty low on the horizon, if I read your earlier posting correctly (11 degree above horizon) so doubt if it will be visible from here.
Again, thank you for the heads up on when the ISS is in our skies.

Back