Interesting perspective on invasive species.

Since when were humans an "invasive species".

and there's a difference between an "invasive" species and an "introduced" species that got out of control somehow.....(Asian Carp being one of them and also Killer Bees and the feral Hogs traipsing around the USA).

In Nature there is no "right to be there" for a species.......it's specie versus specie and the dominant specie rules.

Humans happen to be at the top of the food chain in many aspects........so we dominate because we can......just like all the other species in Nature.

Oops...I feel a rant coming on......I'll just close out now.......

Since when were humans an "invasive species".

and there's a difference between an "invasive" species and an "introduced" species that got out of control somehow.....(Asian Carp being one of them and also Killer Bees and the feral Hogs traipsing around the USA).

In Nature there is no "right to be there" for a species.......it's specie versus specie and the dominant specie rules.

Humans happen to be at the top of the food chain in many aspects........so we dominate because we can......just like all the other species in Nature.

Oops...I feel a rant coming on......I'll just close out now.......

I think that's what some of the scientists in the article were getting at....certainly humans are the most destructive and damaging species to occupy an area. i think the term "Invasive" most aptly describes what humans are. Or maybe "Introduced" since that implies human action. Think about it, what are humans known for most? Invading an area and occupying it, forcing the environment to adapt to their presence as much as they adapt to it.

that's my rant

Back