Intenational halibut catch recommendations-- 2012

"when i see your seasons and bag limits, i just have to shake my head at how nieve all of you are with regard to this resource."

Not so sure about that, last year we were cut back to a 6 month season, 1 per day 2 in possesion.

so you had a 6 month season!!!!! our last season was measured in DAYS, 1/day, 2 in possession. you folks are headed in the same direction, get used to it. holmes, i have been happy to visit and spend my dollars in BC i like it up your way and have been welcomed by everyone i have encountered, thank you. given the lack of action on the net pens, i have decided to stop visiting and spending my dollars up your way. my simple minded way of standing on principal by voting with my bucks. i encourage everyone else i run into who is thinking about heading N to do the same.

Shut down the draggers and trawlers that are raping the ocean bottom,
Eliminate the wasted by-catch , and give the Halibut and the sports fishermen
a fighting chance.

commercial fishing

i agree with craven,,shut down the commercial fishing or cut them way back,,they don't even give the fish a chance when they set their nets and rape our waters,,i find this disturbing,i would like to see the same thing done with halibut as we do with our chinook,,,have a size limit and have a catch limit that you record on your fishing licsence,,i could live with that,

Back