Installing the new Merc 150

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey Guy's

I have a brand new 150 Mec which I am going to be mounting to my trophy 2002 in the next few weeks, as soon as it's not so cold out there.

Anyway. One of my issues is going to be the fact that Merc swapped the cable inlets from the left side to the right side of the motor. Being a Trophy it has a pretty tight splash well and my cables exit the hull on the right side fairly low making for a tight install. Anybody have some picture of how this was solved on your boat? how tight of a bend radius can the cable take?

My Trophy had a good size overhand loop after exiting the hull. That allowed for lots of turn radius. Do you not have enough excess cable in a loop at present?

I sold my Trophy last summer. It was setup similar to many other boats on here. Just create that "circle" with your cable and you'll probably be in good shape.

I have a similar situation with my kicker. The cables come out of the right side of the transom, do a clockwise loop that's about 12- 14 inches in diameter and attach to the right side of the kicker motor. Works just fine.

Back