indigenous-meeting-declares-salmon-emergency

Right Dave - that works well if you have a team of lawyers visiting the DoJ lawyers in Ottawa, and a team of lobbyists in Ottawa going from the PM down to the RDG - like - like - the FF lobby, as one example. You are right, of course....

Right Dave - that works well if you have a team of lawyers visiting the DoJ lawyers in Ottawa, and a team of lobbyists in Ottawa going from the PM down to the RDG - like - like - the FF lobby, as one example. You are right, of course....

eco justice has a team of lawyers....how come they don't help elmo out? they had no problem writing a letter against sports fishing for killer whale food.

There is also a major ENGO lobbyist in Ottawa called gerald butts he's got the ear of the prime minister. Seeing how he works in the PMO office.

oh wait they are in court....there yah go

https://www.ecojustice.ca/indian-head-hatchery-expansion/

"
We’re in court this month to ensure that the provincial government of Newfoundland and Labrador is held to account for failing to properly regulate fish farms."

Last edited:
Man...it's hard to follow all this between this thread and the Aquaculture Improving Thread!
Frankly I do not buy the smoke screen put up by the Fish Farm supporters!
Fish Farms all over the world have been problematic and nowhere is there more at stake then here in B.C.
Bottom line is I and everyone I know think Fish Farms need to be removed from our waters.
I don't think these Threads are changing anyone's mind.
I do hope our Governments hold to their promise to remove Fish Farms and suggest we all send this message to their MP!
Why would our Governments promise to remove Fish Farms if they did not see evidence to support it?

You guys can donate to eco justices case if you feel that strongly about it.

its also tax deductible

Man...it's hard to follow all this between this thread and the Aquaculture Improving Thread!
Frankly I do not buy the smoke screen put up by the Fish Farm supporters!
Fish Farms all over the world have been problematic and nowhere is there more at stake then here in B.C.
Bottom line is I and everyone I know think Fish Farms need to be removed from our waters.
I don't think these Threads are changing anyone's mind.
I do hope our Governments hold to their promise to remove Fish Farms and suggest we all send this message to their MP!
Why would our Governments promise to remove Fish Farms if they did not see evidence to support it?

It is so great that you and everyone know... Thank-you so much for helping me think clearer.

you can fill out this form letter in two seconds reminding them to do just that

https://watershedwatch.ca/aqua-act/

There good at putting together form letters, thanks to 1200 ENGO form letters sportfishing got option A+ instead of option B.

Last edited:
Don't turn this into another incessant back and forth FF thread...got enough of those already. Stick to the original topic.

Every year it is a salmon emergency, Every year i have been alive. NEVER ENOUGH FISH

no one even cares anymore, Cohen commision was a result of a return that was better than this. This year there has not even been a investigation into it. Less and Less of the population could give an F about it.

Every year it is a salmon emergency, Every year i have been alive. NEVER ENOUGH FISH
True but I did notice that prior the SRKW issue the sentiment was there was a lack of springs with all the usual accusations of cause. Post SRKW issue then the goal posts moved and there were plenty of springs with a demonstration of how NGO groups can change issues very quickly using the same tactic as they always do, in this case against sport fishing and whale watching. I found it interesting to watch that shift in opinion(sport fishers) along with a complete reorganization of NGO groups due to drastic shift in funding.

True but I did notice that prior the SRKW issue the sentiment was there was a lack of springs with all the usual accusations of cause. Post SRKW issue then the goal posts moved and there were plenty of springs with a demonstration of how NGO groups can change issues very quickly using the same tactic as they always do, in this case against sport fishing and whale watching. I found it interesting to watch that shift in opinion(sport fishers) along with a complete reorganization of NGO groups due to drastic shift in funding.

If you look at returns 2016 was poor in a lot of areas while 2015 was a recent record high in a lot of areas. This coming year will be the true test to see if chinook are indeed on an uptrend.

I could easily draw a stable straight line in Chinook abundance since 1990.
I too can draw the same straight line but it is not horizontal, or even close.

The numbers post 2010 are much worse as well. IMO we have had a Salmon emergency for decades.

Back