IMPORTANT: Mar. 15 Victoria & Area SFAB Online Mtg. 7pm

You cant blame people for giving up. Many of us have been writing the various ministers for years with good solid suggestions that make sense.
All of which are ignored.
If anyone has a better way of dealing with DFO I'm all ears.
Sick of the whole B.S.
At this point it's the only process we have... all we simply asking is your input and the odd letter... so imagine if all of us involved in the sfac and sfab just simply gave up??? We it sure would be so much worst then it is currently.. not that is great.. so it's a simply request to twice a year that anglers of a area in which they angle take a couple hrs in a evening and attended a meeting.. either in front of a computer or in person.. it's a simple ask..
I would say this ..

I agree I keep writing to let them know how I feel about their regulations and issues I feel they need to relook at. I also send copies to my MP as well as the opposition critic. Different for everyone I guess but I prefer the more direct approach.

That's just as important, if not more important, Local meetings are great to hear about the BS straight from DFO tho.

Even tho im pretty indifferent about the SFAB because I personally disagree with there stance on lobbying, I will continue to go to local meetings as I've personally managed to have a few small victories for our area.

It is not in the mandate of the sfab to lobby but there is some other groups outside that process as you are well aware that can and do ..

At this point it's the only process we have... all we simply asking is your input and the odd letter... so imagine if all of us involved in the sfac and sfab just simply gave up??? We it sure would be so much worst then it is currently.. not that is great.. so it's a simply request to twice a year that anglers of a area in which they angle take a couple hrs in a evening and attended a meeting.. either in front of a computer or in person.. it's a simple ask..
I would say this ..
I applaud and thank all of those people who grind away for the small scraps DFO toss us.
It's just discouraging

It surely is at times and under this current government seems more so then not...under standing that we can not just simply walk away as there are others on the other side of table wanting just that and push that agenda... more importantly we need to be pushing are story that most of us that have this love of fishing is our being..its just not simply the act of fishing ..its our lives and we live it daily

Agree with the above posts. We all need to contribute in our own way. We don’t need to argue about which approach is better as much as we need to hit them from all angles.

I would say this ..
But this doesn't work , we cant keep doing the same thing and expect a different result !!! and saying its all we got shows were defeated already, its a tireless thankless process , we waist far to much energy for results that get worse every year . we need to admit this . Have a look around at the groups that are achieving success at shutting us down and how they are doing it. Its young people with computers that are running circles around us and with the public support Our mandate is obsolete . What do we even stand for any more ??? were getting further and further apart where we need to come together but that will never happen under the current set up. Not trying to be negative but its driving every one away which is why you had 17 people at the meeting that should be a wake up call. Those meetings should be full of people..... I was always taught in large corporate meetings that if you have to protect a process , the process is out dated and a failure . Maybe if we start admitting our issues , we can get more people involved and come together. You have to give people hope in order to create a fight AND INVOLVEMENT, not have water down excuses which we are all guilty of.

WE ALL CAN AND MUST DO BETTER or its over

Back