Ideas for deck cover?

halligan

I hope this is the right forum for this. I have a trophy 2802 and would like to put some sort of Bimini to cover the back deck while fishing in bad weather. I would like something that doesn't interfere too much with fishing. The standard Bimini's I'm looking at with the strings seem like they may get in the way. Before I buy something
I am wondering what do you guys use, or can point me in the right direction. I've been looking for a few days....just can't seem to find something designed specifically for the back of a fish boat.

Does it look like this? I vote for full plastic window enclosures, more rocket launchers and a waterproof hat.

Attachments

• Trophy_2000_454_main_6706e4.jpg
    Trophy_2000_454_main_6706e4.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 228
boat is similar for sure. I have a full enclosure for the hardtop, but would still like to get something over the deck.. Hoping to be able to get a couple cots out there as well for camping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 181
A permanent top is surely going to interfere while fishing. Recently was at a lodge and talking with a guide about the top on his boat he said it drives him nuts, especially when using long leads.

As far as a some kind of a cover for camping (I'm looking for the same sort of cover also). What I was thinking is to get temporary tube supports that could be mounted on the transom and a customer tarp to fit with snaps. Similar to what can be seen on many jet boats. When you want to stay on your boat up go the tubes and snap the tarp into place and bingo nice full deck covered with full protection.
Put a window or door into the tarp and it all stores away in little space. That's my thoughts...

I posted this on the hull truth as well. Someone mentioned a product called sure shade. Looks like a good system that won't interfere with fishing. They don't list any prices.... I'm sure it's not cheap. I will post it though when they get back to me.

Back