Iceland's Volcano

IronNoggin

Volcano_Iceland.jpg

For all of you out there in Canada and across the globe who have fought so hard to tackle the hideous enemy of our planet, namely carbon emissions, that bogus god you worship named "Climate Change" or "Global Warming", there is some really bad news that will be very painful for you to process. But it is my duty to pass it on to you anyway.

Are you sitting down? :D

Okay, here's the bombshell. The current volcanic eruption going on in Iceland, since it first started spewing volcanic ash a week ago, has, to this point, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet. Not only that, this single act of God has added emissions to the earth estimated to be 42 times more than can be corrected by the extreme human regulations proposed for annual reductions.I

know, I know... (have a group hug)... it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving your Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up 'til midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, going on vacation to a city park instead of Yosemite, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs... well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just the past week.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in the past week has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And, those hundreds of thousands of American jobs you helped move to Asia with expensive emissions demands on businesses... you know, the ones that are creating even more emissions than when they were creating Canadian & American jobs, well that must seem really worthwhile now.

I'm so sorry. And I do wish that there was some kind of a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the brush fire season across the western U.S.A. will start in about two months and those fires will negate your efforts to reduce carbon emissions in our world for the next two years. And then there are the Indonesian forest fires that provide the annual global ring of soot around the Equator... And the northern grasslands of Australia that burn naturally each year with fires started by storms and release more CO2 than all the Australian power stations together... and hundreds more volcanoes smoking all over the planet!

So, grab a Coke, give the world a hug, and have a nice day! [^]

Cheers,
Nog

Why don't we sacrifice Al Gore to the volcano God to see if we can appease him.[8D][8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

i heard all the ash in the atmosphere is suppose to actually cool the earth now in places [?]

img3937n.jpg

quote:So, grab a Coke, give the world a hug

And get ready to explain to your grandkids why you did nothing to slow, stall or reverse a trend that is getting ready to slam earth, even though, just MAYBE it might be something we can influence.

Is this world worth fighting for?? You decide. But I suggest that you have a look at that famous picture from the Apollo missions of the blue marble in all that darkness. That picture of earth showed our atmosphere for what it is-- a fragile skim of gasses that keep our planet habitable. And all of you that chortle on about the great global conspiracy and how events of warming are a pattern that is perfectly natural--- give your heads a shake. There have NEVER been as many humans screwing up this world as we have now. And THAT is what is different. You really think we puny humans are not responsible to affecting our world--- well do some research on what has been learned from analysing arctic and antarctic ice cores, and then tell us that we are not capable of harming the planet.

Remember too-- that the people taking the careful approach and trying to help out future generations can afford to be wrong many times. But the deniers only have to be wrong ONCE and its game over..

And on that thought why dont you have a nice day ............

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Then there was chicken little. Al Gore has made a fortune on global warming, is he worried about not having enough time to spend all of it? We can breath the air but I do not recommend drinking the water.[8D][8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

Before anyone gets too wound up over this one...
It is a c&p from an Email I received. I thought it was a tad humorous (see the smiley?) so posted it. Ma Nature can really sock it too us, and this is but another example of that.

On the other side of the coin, rest assured I well understand the influence we (two-Legs) are wrecking on this little blue planet! indeed, I was involved with many of the climate change studies that occurred in the Arctic when I was there, and continue to follow their results quite closely. Anyone who doesn't believe we are having an influence has their head in the sand (or perhaps somewhere else [}:)]) It IS happening, faster than most would believe. And if left unchecked, will have results that no-one will like, no-one can accurately predict, and will influence every form of life as we know it. Really.

That said, sometimes you have to find a chuckle where you can. As I did with this one. [^]

Peace.
Nog

Unfortunately there are a lot of people that do use this type of information to justify doing nothing, or just blame Al Gore.

But thanks for the explanation Nog.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Perfect Nog,
not that i want to see people giving up on mother earth,
but i regress to what i stated in a previous post
that man's influence on the planet is " a fart in a windstorm"
in the grand scheme of things...
agree or not, that's the way i see it.

Go back to the Apollo missions for a second. I watched a show where they interviewed the remaining Apollo astronauts who walked on the moon. One from a 1970 mission remarked it was a weird feeling knowing there were only him and his partner on the moon, as far as he knew no one at all to infinity at his back and 2.5 billion on the beautiful planet in front of him. That really got me thinking...that was only 40 years ago and 2.5 million...we are over 6 now!!!! In only forty short years. When are we going to wake up and put the brakes on? Hopefully before it is really too late. Which reminds me of a certain Star Trek episode dealing with severe overpopulation.

Cuba I am not really denying the global warming, I have a big issue with hypocrits who amass a fortune on this mostly when they leave the bigger footprints than we do. We as humans have turned just about every water source we have into sewer systems and nobody seems to give a damn.
I do not believe that buying greenhouse credit is going to correct the issue.[8D][8D][8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

But whoever thinks that because a volcano blows a lot of crap into the atmosphere we humans can do as we like, forgets that this is an accumulative procedure. The volcano eruptions have always been on earth but human's crap only since recently and comes added to the volcano crap. So by any logic efforts on reducing human's emmissions have not been in vain. Some people just can't do any simple math it seems.

And I say it again, surely there are some alarmists that made a lot of money with their campagnes but at least they made this money for sending the right signal. The many</u> more people that make even more money and send the the wrong signal on top of it (just look at the Gulf mess right now and count out many billionairs have had their share in this) - those are the one's I despise.

I hope you still know how to row a boat?

IMG_1445.jpg

Back