I/O to O/B thoughts

After painstaking hours of learning the ins and outs of omc stringers.
Im thinking about removing a 60 hour old rebuilt 3.8 v6 omc/chevy,
taking a perfectly good intermediate housing and bellows out, leaving a rebuilt
lower leg intact, upper end has all new gears. Sticking it in a box and peicing it out.
Here in is the ?. To fill up the omc bellows hole properly is no problem,
To build a new transom mount and install all the new steering and shift cables....plus an o/b ?
Transom mount my son and I can build, auto cad and plasma tables are great.
The rest of it Im not sure.

I am sure this thread will be interesting to say the least...for sometime to come.

I can see why you don't want the dog house on a small boat like that...
a 50 or 60 on a pod would push that along quite nicely.
seems like a lotta work though ?

Save your money and put it towards a newer used boat with an outboard and go bigger is what id suggest that late of a boat once you get into tearing things out, you could be opening a can of worms where a project turns into 5 grand goes to 7 or 10 in a hurry. plus its a lot of work ive done it and mine was in pristine condition when I started toys add up quickly

Good luck Wolf

Save your money and put it towards a newer used boat with an outboard and go bigger is what id suggest that late of a boat once you get into tearing things out, you could be opening a can of worms where a project turns into 5 grand goes to 7 or 10 in a hurry. plus its a lot of work ive done it and mine was in pristine condition when I started toys add up quickly

Good luck Wolf

x 2 cut your losses unless you are in love with the hull. Takes no time and you will break the bank. BOAT stands for Bring On Another Thousand!! Run away.

Io/ob

Just as I thought...keep in mind the parts that are there.
Help me get someone else some very good parts. I need to cover my cost.
If you ski or snow board...you won't regret the help.(Big White)

Back