Hunting Pics

THose are some really nice deer walleyes:)

Keep them coming....I love this time of year, seeing all those nice animals

GREAT JOB

I'm going to put a tracking device on Walleyes truck :D

I know an area that held tons like those....back in the 80s. No time to go now, and when I do, no money to go !

Kind of makes me want to get into hunting especially living in the Merritt area. Question with the black bear, do u eat anyof the bear or just use for a trophy? No real problem with this but wondering. I have a brotherin law who hunts sheep etc, and it is quite a work out for him. It must be tough hauling big moose etc out of the bush! Nice pics. How much meet comes from one of those ugly looking moose?

Its illegal to shoot animals for trophy in bc except for a few like grizz which apparently taste like &hIt. People eat blackies mostly as pepperoni i wanna try some but havent yet. Oh ya fish/garbage eating blackies taste bad aswell.

quote:Its illegal to shoot animals for trophy in bc

Kelly, it is not illegal to shoot a trophy, it is illegal to leave the meat. (unless there has been a change in the last three years ?)

quote:Question with the black bear, do u eat anyof the bear or just use for a trophy? How much meet comes from one of those ugly looking moose?

Hey Merritboy

Black Bear is actually very good table meat as long as it is eating good food itself( eg no fish, shellfish etc). The rear upper legs are excellent when removed and cured in the same way that a pork ham is done and there are good cuts for chops and burger and it makes great sausage. Ball park on BC moose are dressed weights of 225-275lbs for Calves and and 650-750 for larger bulls. There is always the exception but that is the rough norm.

quote:Kelly, it is not illegal to shoot a trophy, it is illegal to leave the meat. (unless there has been a change in the last three years ?)

Hey Reeves\Kelly
It is illegal to kill wildlife ( with the exception of Grizz, cougar and fur bearing animals except Blacks)and fail to remove the edible portions of the 4 quarters and the loins to your home or meat cutter

If you get the chance try the hunt and most defintely try some meat. I like Spring bears as they are leaner from Hibernating than fall ones which are gorging food and make great eats and sausage, especially the medium size ones.

quote:Originally posted by Reeves

quote:Its illegal to shoot animals for trophy in bc

Kelly, it is not illegal to shoot a trophy, it is illegal to leave the meat. (unless there has been a change in the last three years ?)
Thats what i meant just didnt word it properly. Bear and elk are definatly on the list of things to try.

Heres a few pics from my buddy's hunting trip

Hope you enjoy[8D]
I am enjoying those caribou and goat steaks.
DSCN2873.jpg

DSCN2834.jpg

collin40.jpg

collin9.jpg

At times I am jeleous of my buddy

NO WIFE, NO KIDS THAT HE WILL ADMIT TOO

And he usually does any where from 4-6 big hunting trips

lucky guy

Not to mention some of the Does bagged in the downtown victoria area!

Look at the smile on Lane's face.

I saw Reel Addiction running around in my back yard with a Bow when i got home today??? Crazy ****! Mumbled something about a big ******* in the trees. Havn't seen him for a while now? I'll try ringing a bottle of Crown see if he comes out?

Out just found my way out of some deep bush!LOL Should have brought my GPS!
Jack i am a little embarrased to post my pics but its not the size that counts right!LOL
Its not right that you killed all those poor animals there must not be any left! HAHAHA
Still havent got a bambi, maybe this weekend, work is really cutting into my hunting time! I might have to scrape one off the Malahat i have seen no less than 4 dead deer every trip up!It must be Tailspin running them down with his big meat grinder!
We should get together for a beer and a bulls**T?

Here are a couple pics from this falls Whitetail week.
Well I got to enjoy a hunt for a week and put a Whitetail in the freezer. It was a tough week that’s for sure,, Cold and snowy as most already know, we started at -27 on Sat the 24th and we averaged -22 for the remainder of the week. It really limited the way a guy was able to hunt.. Do to the cold weather quading was pretty much out of the question and walking and stocking was made tough do to the fact we have a foot of snow at home,, the noise of walking in the snow was enough never mind plodding through it. So I was left for the most part with hunting from the pickup, we drove and glassed around some new big cut blocks north of town, they are good sized blocks that a guy can spend the day hunting them, between glassing and rattling in a few spots over the day it made it interesting. We were able to rattle in two decent bucks over the 5 days we hunted so for this time of year I thought that wasn’t too bad.. One not bad smaller 5x5 came within 10 sec of when I put down the horns and came broad side to within 75 yards it was pretty cool to watch him strut his stuff… We saw a decent amount of bucks over the 5 days but the big hog did allude us… Over the first few days I past on 2 in the 150 class and a dandy 5x5 that was in the 160+ class.. So do to the fear that I was going to have to eat another tag,, on the 5th afternoon I decided that I would stop being so picky and take the next decent buck that presented it self.. Well as luck would have it I had both older boys with me that afternoon.. The boys were getting a little anxious with me after hunting with me most of the time and watching me pass up on some decent bucks.. So when we came across this little fellow the 3rd buck of the day I was sure I would take him.. We spotted him standing close to an island of trees and after a short sneak we got to within 100 yards of him, while the boys and I were giving him the once over he bolted for cover and when he turned I saw decent height on him and decided to take him.. I took the shot while he was in a good Whitetail gallop 3/4rd away from me at about 150 yards.. I pulled the trigger just slightly ahead and high on the front shoulder, the 180gr Federal, Sierra Boat Tail, from the 300 RUM caught him just behind the shoulder blades and went in just bellow the spine and out the top of the far shoulder,, it was like he was hit by a freight train,,, down and done…. Like I said he aint the biggest nor the one I had high hopes for this fall but a decent buck for sure and a good ending to a fun few days of Whity hunting….. Her are a couple pics…

He is no hog by any means and pushed the tape to a gross green score of 149 7/8....

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Here is one that my 16 year old shot around the 15th of Nov.. Nice little 130 class..
J10.jpg

And the 166 my oldest boy shot during the first week of Oct while we were moose hunting

[IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1150.jpg

A couple of moose from guiding this fall
hunting265.jpg

hunting262.jpg

My Island elk this year
PA140035.jpg

and my late season muley from last year
deer055.jpg

Back