Humminbird radar system

SpringVelocity

Crew Member
I am looking for complete radar system right now....I am torn right now I have Lowrance, Simrad and Humminbird on the table right now.... It is broadband unit I want....
My budget is max 3-3500k taxes included... I am looking for a scanner/head unit and overlay... So far with the Lowrance and Simrad I am easily getting to 4k.... + I have mount I am doing so that would push it up to way past that..

This is the head unit I am looking at...http://www.humminbird.com/Products/899ci-HD-SI-Combo/

This isn't a I believe thread. Interested with people who have experience with these especially with the radar, and overlay....

Truthfully the only thing I have gotten so far is they are not widely used up here...

Don't know about the Hummingbird but the Lowrance radars you will need the SIMRAD RC42 Rate Gyro Fluxgate Compass. Simnet compass is designed for connection to the SimNet network. They are equipped with 5,5 m (18 feet) of SimNet cable with connector. The compasses transmit the heading for the over lay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about the Hummingbird but the Lowrance/Simrad radars you will need the SIMRAD RC42 Rate Gyro Fluxgate Compass. Simnet compass is designed for connection to the SimNet network. They are equipped with 5,5 m (18 feet) of SimNet cable with connector. The compasses transmit the heading for the over lay.
Wrong........ You need for Lowrance not Simrad :)

For Simrad all you do is buy the digital compass from Lowrance for a hundred and something and plug it into the Nema2000 network.

Bingo you have radar overlay on your charts. I know as I own Simrad and that was a selling features

Its called a Point 1, this unit saved me from having to buy a rate compass/RC42

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no one that has these units? And Owen I was looking at the one you have but yours it whas like 3300.00-3500.000 before taxes I believe was it not?

I have an 1100 series with the 2kw dome. It works fine, but it doesn't overlay. You need the onyx head unit to do that. Not a lot of experience with radar so I can't really compare, but works just fine for picking up targets in the soup.

Back