Huatulco Charter

getbent

Heading to Huatulco Nov 11-28, wondering if anyone has any history or experiences with some decent captains or outfits.
Panga is my preferred option.
Staying in the town of Crucecita, beachfront condo not in the AI bay of tangolunda, so prefer something close or in one of the bay's to the west such as San Augustino.

Thanks in advance.

There's an American guy living in Huatulco who posts on BD regularly/has his own boat and fishes for fun he also doesn't Bee Ess people-it sounds pretty bad-longlines have decimated local stocks to the point where he just fishes for Grouper on spots he's found himself and doesn't share with anyone.

I have been several times to Huatulco - I highly recommend 'Tiko' - Marisol Charters - my last contact number for him was - 958 585 5870 - his english is pretty good, enough that you can call him.
He had a panga for years but upgraded to a larger boat a few years ago - many reviews of him on tripadvisor.
His boat ties up in the marina but he is often found along the beach wall at the Barcelo or Dreams hotels ( along w the rest of the guides looking to make a booking ) He may even remember me bec I always brought gear for him as part of my tip - local tackle prices are very high

Thanks Terry, I have seen some reviews for him on TA, might check him out, sounds like the fishing can be pretty decent if it all lines up.

We went out in a Pangea with captain George. Worse trip ever we got caught out in huge waves all the bigger boats went in but he wanted to stay out and get paid for the full day. The waves were about 8' and some breaking. The boat bounced so much he had water in his fuel that mixed and then the engine didn't work. With the engine barely running we had to just point the bow into the waves and jog. We had some waves come in the stern and the boat slammed so much the hardtop supports broke off the gunnels. It's a really nice place but I would stay away from captain George and his poor judgment

Back