How's the fishing in renfrew

Fished the bank yesterday. Lots of coho around. Chinook fishing was scratchy where we were but we didn't move around looking too much. Massive amounts of bait and birds inside the closure so they were probably there where we couldn't get them. The fish we killed were full of large herring. We fished big tomic spoons on the bottom to get our fish. Tried the beach for a bit on the way back and it was just a shaker show.

Is there a trail of boats, weather permitting, that go out to the banks on a daily basis? I'd like to follow someone out there for my first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a trail of boats, weather permitting, that go out to the banks on a daily basis? I'd like to follow someone out there for my first time.
There is a trail of boats but you have a chart plotter and radar, right? Just head for the J bouy and you will see the boats fishing along the closed area line short of the bouy.
T2

There is a trail of boats but you have a chart plotter and radar, right? Just head for the J bouy and you will see the boats fishing along the closed area line short of the bouy.
T2

Yes I have both...just comforting to follow someone the first time. Thanks for the info though!!

Ya I seen that. Cabin was booked months ago for August long
Should be interesting. But the show must go on

Back