How to choose a kicker motor?

Boat "Butt Ugly" picture on another thread "prop tuning query"
Looks like my layout.
I also bought the parts and made my own tie bar and bracket.
I use the tiller handle to control speed.
Would be nice to have control at the helm.
Fish Browns Bay with all the boats there you sometimes need to gun it.
(run to the back crank the tiller then run back to the helm.
If you go with the remote control make sure you have some place
close to you at the helm to mount.
GLG

You guys rock! and have been a huge help.

I am going with the T8, electric start, remote controls, and extra long leg. Just waiting to hear back from the local dealer what his price is, with and without the power tilt option. Checkpoint Yamaha gave me a great price, so unless he is close, I will make a run into the big city for this purchase, or just have it shipped. Checkpoint is just under $3000 for this motor, or $3500 with the tilt. Sound ok? Know of any better?

I am pretty handy at building stuff, and can do my own installing, and I will be looking at what it will take to make up some sort of tie-bar. Can anyone post up some pictures of your setup?

I can email you photos of my setup. Maybe provide your email address in your profile.

If I remember ill take a photo of my set up for you tommorow ok.

Good luck wolf

Another consideration in tying the two motors togethor for steering is checking that they both pivot (turn) to the same degree. This is to avoid "binding" at the extremes of the turn. Not a problem if you use an EZ Steer -rear mount- system, but if you are using the front of motor connectors and a rod system (forgive my lack of descriptive precision, a long day) then the pivot on the kicker should be about 3"-4" in front of the motor. Or so say the boys at SG in Victoria who sold me a small stainless plate and two bolts for 15.00 yesterday. Haven't mounted it yet. Maybe somebody else has done this.

anyone have any imfo on the yamaha 2 stroke 6hp ? i need a light kicker my stinky noisy 15hp johnson sea horse drives me nutz and gives me a headache. i was waiting for a 15hp evinrude e-tec kicker 2 match my main motor but they hav`t come out with one yet , not sure if they will:(. thanks scottyboy

Thanks salmon9 and wolf. email should be ok now. I am looking forward to your pictures.

Well here is my set up for my boat hope it helps you out

halibut2007040.jpg

halibut2007039.jpg

halibut2007038.jpg

Good luck Wolf

Great pictures Wolf.
Thanks for sharing, gives us all some idea of how it should be rigged.

Thanks for the pictures wolf. I think I need a different kind of setup with an outdrive maybe. Not sure where on the outdrive the tie bar should go.

Hoping salmon9 will post his pics.

Well the pics are pretty self explanetory you just have to dig in and figure it out for your self like I did and custom make something as each and every boat is different look for place to bolt stuff to and make sure it is secure etc thats really all the help I can really do beside coming out and doing the job for you LOL

The one thing I can tell you is I plumbed the fuel directly into the filter on the motor because when I tilted the motor up it would bind on the quick connect as I never took of the fuel line off anyways so it really didnt matter !!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Butt Ugly I get a laugh outta that name,just bought a yamaha hi thrust 8 horse electric start, power tilt, cables and control box,longshaft,same price just under 3500.Yamaha had 100 bucks off till the end of May for 2006 models if you're so inclined.DAN

Back