How much did that fish cost?

Beak, that is why I basically quit golfing, lots of walking and don't usually take something home, in fact lost lots of golf balls. I was lucky enough this summer to catch lots of fish but as people are saying it is worth it even if I dont catch the fish! The water, the smell of the ocean, seeing wildlife and watching and meeting people. Well worth the money!

It's great to read these responses, from experienced fishermen/women who probably catch more fish than the average person and the best part for people is being out there, me as well. Looking forward to my next time on the water which is only a few dyas away.

My neighbor asked me if the salmon I got paid for my liscence. I laughed and said the liscence is the cheapest part. Scared to figure out the cost per pound. On my last trip, moorage alone was l40.00. However, I consider it a successful year. although I didn't catch as many fish as in previous years, my twin grandsons aged 5 both caught their first sockeye, it won't be long before they are catching coho and springs.

Thank you all, I must say you all have the same passion that i have for this thing called FISHING.Besides my family, fishing is one, of if not the most important parts of my life. I can also say that the cost does not matter to me as it all about the fun.

It's a good thing I enjoy fishing about as much as catching, 'cause I do a lot more of the former than the latter[:eek:)] I don't eat fish in a restaurant let alone buy it in a supermarket:( With the repairs my old tub always seems to need, fishing is quite an outlay of $$. but I'll probably not stop fishing or fixing.

We chartered out of Ucluelet last year and limited out on everything. One of the guys did the math and determined that, all in, the fish we had cost each of us far less than if we had bought it at the market. That was a bonus:D

Tom

I don't care about the co$t of my fishing. My girlfriend goes to Mexico and I go to Powell River.
My boat, motor and trailer cost me $1,500. A day on the water costs me about $20 to $40, launching is $16.50
As soon as I'm on the water I'm a happy man. I take in all the nature and it heals me, when I catch fish I'm in heaven and when my neighbors smell the smoker, they love me!
This year has been better than many of the past years for fishing success.

I don't understand this thread.... we figure out how much each fish MADE us each summer!!!

Sorry couldn't resist, there's got to be some upside to running charters :D

I've never had someone be upset with the price of the charter after they come back from catching a few big salmon. Most of our guests are not fishermen, and have never caught a fish before, never mind a big fighting salmon, so I agree that it's all about the thrill of the moment and making a memory of a lifetime. Now sore arms we've had some complaining about :)

Back