How many anchors on board?

Ruff

When I bought my boat, it had 2 full anchor setups on board. One is run through the windlass and the other is stowed in the floor locker in the cabin. We spend 20-30 nights on the boat and anchor all the time but are never more than an hours run from a dock we can tie up to. Keep the spare anchor on board? It's not really hurting anything other than taking up valuable storage space. I know which way I'm leaning but just thought I'd see what you guys think?

Keep it. In some places - you may need to tie-up to the beach and run a stern anchor - or alternatively need 2 anchors (bow & stern) if there isn't much room to swing around in the tides/wind. If you aren't intending to travel & anchor or use the beach - it's less of a need...

When I bought my boat, it had 2 full anchor setups on board. One is run through the windlass and the other is stowed in the floor locker in the cabin. We spend 20-30 nights on the boat and anchor all the time but are never more than an hours run from a dock we can tie up to. Keep the spare anchor on board? It's not really hurting anything other than taking up valuable storage space. I know which way I'm leaning but just thought I'd see what you guys think?
Valuable storage space on a 30 Commander? Come on now. You could have 6 on board ;)

Need 2, at least in my boat , one for sleeping overnight=folding claw thing, 40 ft chain and 120 ft rope, stored in bow anchor locker and another for hali fishing=#15 slip ring anchor, (no dumb zip ties required), 40ft chain and 600 ft rope, that's in floor locker.

HM

Anchoring is fine......one anchor is all that is required. At least when we are boating with our friends in their 30' Commanders. Let them set the hooks most nights and just raft on the outside. I'll have the appies and wine ready to go when I tie up.

I have 2 on board during Hali season.. one on the pulpit, and one in the floor locker for flatty time. otherwise its off the boat for tuna and cruising.

Back