How Do You Get through The Tough Times On The Water?

It's real easy for me. When things don't go well on the water I strap on the golf clubs and get totally humiliated. Feels pretty good back on the water as at least I eventually will have a chance. What's amazing in this beloved province you can do both on the same day and you can't help but feel extremely fortunate.

It's real easy for me. When things don't go well on the water I strap on the golf clubs and get totally humiliated. Feels pretty good back on the water as at least I eventually will have a chance. What's amazing in this beloved province you can do both on the same day and you can't help but feel extremely fortunate.
Add in sex and it's called the trifecta, but I have only read about that in magazines.

When I hit a dry patch I bring out something that I need to concentrate on , like servicing a reel or something intricate! Usually not too long after all hell breaks loose and your scrambling to grab a rod! Lol!

Southerner here, things can change from bad to worse to great in a flash, You just need to keep fishing. Last year we were launching the boat for our first opener for halibut for the year (crazy every other weekend rules) and after just finishing the winter service on the motor. Turns out the impeller was the wrong one and we had no cooling. Pulled back out and ran to the store, purchased the correct one and installed on the side of the road. Back to the ramp and out to test the motor.

It was too late to make the run out to the "spot" so we just ran out and dropped our crab pots and while sitting there messing with our settings on the HDS a boat off out starboard capsized (29' striper never found out why) pure luck put us there to be able to pull them out of the water.

Next day 3 nice halibut in the boat, sometimes you just need luck/karma

Back