how big is yours???

albernifisher

Starting to shop around for a fuel tank, how big are your tanks? Doesn't look like I can get a pre made one to fit so when the time comes I'll have to get one made

Mine is 105 US Gallons (Striper 2101 WA), or 400 litres. Allowed me to get from Gold River to Esperanza and back and troll for 3 days without having to fill up on expensive gas. (It's under $1.25/l for marine in Courtenay today)

Mine is 124 US Gallons. Hurts to fill up, but I'd rather have to much instead of to little.

2 tanks 100 gal main and 50 gal aux, 300 mile range

Two 60 gallon tanks. It does hurt to fill but not as bad as having to fill on the water.

130gal in my searay
With newer more fuel efficient motors today it's just enough
New tanks are pretty expensive from the prices I have been told

Twin 75 gallon(U.S.) aluminum tanks. That's enough for a two day tuna trip if I stay out overnight.

Had a new custom 100 gal tank built for my Hourston for around $1500. All the fuel i need

24 foot weldcraft. 90 US gal. More than enough for a light aluminum boat.

twin 100 gallon tanks on mine. when i purchased the boat the specs said it had a 600+ mile range. with the economy i've been getting the last few trips i'm starting to believe it.... plenty of fuel for a week to 10 day fishing excursion anyways....the most i've burned in a week long outing is around 80 gallons with the twin diesels and i covered alot of territory cruising and trolling with that 80 gallons....love the efficiency of the d4.2L diesels (cummins) combined with the efficiency of the cat hull....

530 litre, enough for 4 day trip to Barkely sound from Alberni with a couple of offshore excursions (i'm getting about 2.4-2.6 mpg depending on conditions). But troll only on the kicker.

Twin 118 USG; hurts to fill but can do 2 long range tuna trips or multiple offshore salmon/hali days.

228G Grady, 95 US gallons...I can do 175 miles approx on the main and troll 35 plus hours on the kicker on a single trip....

I'd go as big as you can fit. You don't have to fill it and the bigger tank provides more buoyancy should you start taking on water, especially if the tank's not full.

I would think what kind of fishing I was going to do-If I was staying in the usual WCVI salmon circuit 3 to 4 days fishing max; I would go with a single tank in the 500 litre range for that boat. If I was going tuna fishing I would go with 2 tanks-each feeding independently, switchable and an emergency cross-over. I don't trust gauges-I never go on a trip with partial fuel-this way you can always have one tank full -for sure! and if you go off-shore you can run one close to dry and know how much you have left in the other full tank. My 2 cents

Back