Hourston 172," Was this a good buy

Chances are that motor will run pretty decent, being an ex fisheries it would have had routine maintenance and being that it is in Burlington I would say it was fresh water only, if it was a Hudson bay boat they usually auction off on site and wouldnt bother to drag it that far south to Burlington.
so I think you may have grabbed a pretty decent ride for the money.
what are your plans? where are you located? are you dragging it back to BC or looking for a carrier, I had a car shipped out from MB on a backhaul for 1g so if your patient it could be cheaper to find a backhaul.
throw it up on Uship Canada and see what happens

I think you may have grabbed a pretty decent ride for the money.
what are your plans? where are you located? are you dragging it back to BC or looking for a carrier, I had a car shipped out from MB on a backhaul for 1g so if your patient it could be cheaper to find a backhaul.
throw it up on Uship Canada and see what happens

As for plans on getting it. Hopefully soon! I am dying to get out and do some fishing . I will see tomorrow when they reopen if they are in a hurry to get it out of there .
Would like to ship, but might be harder getting it ready for transport and they start to charge lots if they have to do much prep work . Same with train I think might have to physically drop it there so thought about flying and doing that. I found some cheap flights return right now.

If it becomes problematic I do have some free time coming up, some unfinished business in Sask, and just bought new Blizzacks for the truck. I have been on a few crazy Gumball rallies before :)

I am actually in White Rock /Langley right now finishing off a project.
I will check out what that Uship Canada is about
Thanks

either that or call a couple of local trucking companies and see if they have any flatdecks going that way that may be interested in a backhaul, CanAm west is one that does that sort of thing, but you will get bids on uship also

Good luck with it, I also think this is a really good deal, do away with the ticket window, slap in some sleeper seats and a few electronics goodies and i bet you have a decent salmon fishing boat. :cool:

Back