Honda is crapping out

bucking like that sounds ignition related to me. Pull your plugs and take a look
Ya I pulled just 2 easy ones, there are not in perfect condition, but only have about 50 hrs on them, did not pulled them all, mechanic here told me to check them all, that’s where he would start, one bad one could be my issue, I am a carpenter not a mechanic lol, basic maintenance I do every season but a lot of stuff is behond my mechanical skills, going to try a few things later today and in the morning tomorrow, but it might have to go in a shop

Ya I pulled just 2 easy ones, there are not in perfect condition, but only have about 50 hrs on them, did not pulled them all, mechanic here told me to check them all, that’s where he would start, one bad one could be my issue, I am a carpenter not a mechanic lol, basic maintenance I do every season but a lot of stuff is behond my mechanical skills, going to try a few things later today and in the morning tomorrow, but it might have to go in a shop
a plug can be a slight bit off and cause major headaches. I just put a new set in the wife's van then had them replace a week later might not be able to pick it up with the eye either.

My Honda 20 was doing exactly this. After much screwing around, I replaced the spark plugs even though they looked great. New plugs, ran like a champ after.

Did
Possibly an O2 sensor problem. See if you can pull a code.
have issue with the 02 sensor, intermittent alarm, shut it off and would go for days and weeks without issues, then would happen again, ordered one from amazon , and it’s the wrong one, got it here with me and don’t fit, but 02 sensor alarm is beep beep, this one now is a solid beeppppppp, with the motor bucking hard, until I release the throttle

As far as I know the 225 only gives a continuous alarm for over heating or low oil pressure. The way to determine the culprit is to observe the lights as well. If the green light is off then it’s low oil pressure. I don’t think either throws a code it’s only recorded as an event. When my problem first started it was intermittent. It would only happen under load. But as it got worse it would happen when we ran it over 1800 for a few minutes. Good luck.

I guess outboard crap out too, anyway for the more mechanicallly incline then me here is my issue, engine fires up runs fine at idle and on ear muff at camp, rev up to 4000rpm no issues, as soon as it’s under load pushing the boat, gets up on plane and then bucks and bucks then solid alarm goes on, shut is off no alarm runs fines at idle, get up on plane again does the same, any idea what it could be ???? Anybody, trying to salvage my next 3 days at camp
my honda suffered from collapsing fuel line. there is a couple tight turns before the high pressure pump. was so impossible to diagnose. i ended up drilling a small hole in the cowling and using a grommet instead of paying honda tax for a 3"piece of fuel tubing.

Did

have issue with the 02 sensor, intermittent alarm, shut it off and would go for days and weeks without issues, then would happen again, ordered one from amazon , and it’s the wrong one, got it here with me and don’t fit, but 02 sensor alarm is beep beep, this one now is a solid beeppppppp, with the motor bucking hard, until I release the throttle
I’ve had two shipped to me that were the large one not the 12mm same part # but got the wrong year. Amazon has them now for about $80. I’m getting one on Tuesday. Honda wanted over $300. Same symptoms as the poster. Fingers crossed.

I’ve had two shipped to me that were the large one not the 12mm same part # but got the wrong year. Amazon has them now for about $80. I’m getting one on Tuesday. Honda wanted over $300. Same symptoms as the poster. Fingers crossed.
Same parts error for me, to big

Only one red light, it’s the overheating light, will dig in to it tomorrow,ran fine for about 3 miles at 4200rpm,then same thing again, first red light, everything else is off, green red and red

As far as I know the 225 only gives a continuous alarm for over heating or low oil pressure. The way to determine the culprit is to observe the lights as well. If the green light is off then it’s low oil pressure. I don’t think either throws a code it’s only recorded as an event. When my problem first started it was intermittent. It would only happen under load. But as it got worse it would happen when we ran it over 1800 for a few minutes. Good luck.
IMG_4907.png

Attachments

• IMG_4906.png
    IMG_4906.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 5
If I’m reading the chart correctly. If only the temperature light is on then you have low oil pressure and overheat. I don’t think I would continue to run it at high rpm’s

Back