highlights/metro-vancouver-ghost-gear-operation-nets-hundreds-of-illegal-traps

It’s not ghost gear,it’s poaching those are new traps not traps full of eel grass and barnacles, they (dfo) have to start enforcing this last year they got 326 traps the year before that 275. Dfo needs to step up it would pretty easy to do just sit on the dyke by boundary bay airport with night vision. Someone is making huge money by poaching these boundary bay crab

It’s not ghost gear,it’s poaching those are new traps not traps full of eel grass and barnacles, they (dfo) have to start enforcing this last year they got 326 traps the year before that 275. Dfo needs to step up it would pretty easy to do just sit on the dyke by boundary bay airport with night vision. Someone is making huge money by poaching these boundary bay crab
I'd bet as most on this forum would that
dfo knows who owns majority of this gear, they just looking the other way as their hands are tied due to ..well you know...

I dont thing Capt was talking about the Asian commercial fishermen.
Hardy Guy, I actually was thinking about BOTH groups, and I have it on very good authority

I had not seen this , but it is long overdue but very good to see. Now one more group to deal with and my attitude towards government involvement may soften just a bit. I'm not going to hold my hand over my butt waiting for that one though.

Back