Hi all

Hi Butt Ugly, nice handle :). I was given the name of Greg Moore out of Comox or Courtney who does a lot of installation for the guys that buy electronics from Peters Sports in Comox. I left him a voice message and will pass on your advice. Kent at Peters also suggested a larger fuse if I am going to run the pot puller off of the same power source. Lots of banking experience but none wiring so I will have to get it done by someone who knows. Thanks for the response, Seawolf 1

Thanks LastChance, I posted my reply before I read yours. Much appreciated, Seawolf 1

There's a huge amount of great info in the link LastChance posted and I remember following that thread early this year. My batteries and main switch are at the back of the boat and the riggers are mounted on the back corners. I installed a separate fuse block at the back for the riggers to run off.

Once again LastChance, mucho gratis..... This is a fabulous chatroom! Seawolf 1

Whoops, sorry about that, I meant to thank Butt Ugly... I am new to this stuff, I hope everyone will understand and forgive... Seawolf 1

Hi I meant to say #12AWG as a minimum. I rewired mine with #10 and #8 when I bought my boat as they had been originally wired with 16AWG.

Thanks Kisinanna, I am pretty sure I will get done right, it all has to work when the "bite is on", Seawolf 1

Nootka is pretty slow at the beginning of June. Not sure if any of the lodges are open, or gas available. I did a Halibut trip to Tahsis that time last year. Westview Marina is open, but a long run from Gold River to Tahsis then offshore for butts. Seawolf -the original[B)]

Hi Seawolf, the true original.... it is more of a test run than anything else. I like the area and have fished there before. Some Halibut would be nice, someone at the Edmonton Boat Show told me the Bajo was closed to fishing, is this true? I caught a 95 pounder there, My personal best... Hope to meet you some day, Seawolf 1 (junior)

Hey, that Striper 2101 is a nice boat. I've spent some time looking at that model. If you don't like it, give me a call.[8D]

Where did you buy it?

Hi Red Monster, I found it on Yachtworld and bought it on consignment froma dealer in Portland Oregon. The previous owner had Menaires disease, something to do with the inner ear and he could not tolerate the water. The boat is 2004, purchased new in 2005 and has a total of 9 hours on her. I did my homework and got it across the boarder in 20 minutes after meeting a fellow from Portland in Blaine. Looking forward to running her out to Nootka... weather permiting of course. Twenty one feet is pretty small in a big, big ocean! Seawolf 1

Back