hewescraft boats

P

paramedic

Thinking of buying a 22ft hardtop aluminium boat. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about these boats. Also it has an extended transom not sure if this would affect the downrigger cables much any info would help thanks.

Only time I see them up here is when someone from the U.S. is vacationing and they usually have a jet drive for their home rivers.
Look to have ample beam but they will ride high in the chop and don't look to have too much freeboard. Very much like the Harborcraft units which really pound in the rough stuff.
That elusive "perfect" boat is alsways a compromise. Light weight for towing and fuel economy but a little wet when out in the open.

I have a 2004 Hewes 22 Searunner extended transom 150 4 stoker Yammie and 9.9 Yammie HT.I have fished around 100 days at least out of Pt. McNeil(Sointula) and have nothing but good things to say about my choice to go with the Hewescraft!! Best bang for my buck on a welded aluminun boat from a company that has been building aluminum boats for a long time.With the budget $$$$ I had to work with and comparing other welded aluminum boats I would do it all over again!!
Takes a pounding with not much bow spray.No issues with the downriggers at all.I have fished up to four anglers and my self comfortably and the boat catches fish as well!!I live in Ladysmith and bought my boat in Langley.The only time I have freeboard issues is when I am dragging a nice big Hallie over the side I wish I had less :D[}:)] Kronic

Thanks Kronic thats what I wanted to hear I am also buying from Galleon in Langley have you had any problems with them at all. What king of speed and fuel mileage are you getting with your 150 I was going to go with the 225 yammie thanks

I bought the boat on trailer from the Langley dealer with unrigged kicker and rigged the boat myself (other than the 150 4 banger got that in Port Moody)I had two warranty issues and they dealt with them to the best of there abilities!! I cruise around 3800-4000 rpm 27-30 knots(GPS)Fuel 8.5-10 gallons per hour.Top end is 5400 rpm and
40ish gps knots @ 15.5 gph according to Navman!!Or used to be a a Loonie a minute!!!More now !!
Tight lines Kronic

I bought the boat on trailer from the Langley dealer with unrigged kicker and rigged the boat myself (other than the 150 4 banger got that in Port Moody)I had two warranty issues and they dealt with them to the best of there abilities!! I cruise around 3800-4000 rpm 27-30 knots(GPS)Fuel 8.5-10 gallons per hour.Top end is 5400 rpm and
40ish gps knots @ 15.5 gph according to Navman!!Or used to be a a Loonie a minute!!!More now !!
Tight lines Kronic

the boat that i'm pricing out is around 65000
2007 searunner hard top extended transom , 225 yammie 8hp yammie kicker, upgraded suspension seats as well as rear cockpit steering and throttle controls for the kicker. comes with galv ezee loader trailer.

the boat that i'm pricing out is around 65000
2007 searunner hard top extended transom , 225 yammie 8hp yammie kicker, upgraded suspension seats as well as rear cockpit steering and throttle controls for the kicker. comes with galv ezee loader trailer.

Back