here we go again

Originally posted by Luna

I can't wait for everyone to start complaining about presure on the flow, I have a feling xmas holidays will come early on the stamp this year.

No need to worry about that now, the river, she is quite blown out. The Ash blew its banks this afternoon & is running brown. Shore access is all but gone & even finding the fish with the sled is getting tougher.We hooked fish today on what was high & dry beach just last weekend. The usual spots are running way too fast to fish, so you have to move around to find the fish.We even hooked a fish in what was a dry side channel last week. Crazy where you find them in this high water. Good news is there are a lot of very fresh fish moving up the river.

100_0801.jpg

Managed to hook 16 today & landed 12. Still hammering the single egg with a bit of white or peach wool. That is the nice thing about summer runs, they are very aggressive & scrappy, especially when they are gorging on salmon eggs.
100_0807.jpg

100_0804.jpg

100_0808.jpg

Here is a NICE one that got lucky right at the boat. We figured it was over 10 for sure.

100_0811.jpg

You'll have to forgive the poor quality of some of the pics, It is tough taking pics in the POURING rain. It came down in buckets all day& made for some challenging conditions.

Here is one that didn't want to pose for his pic.

100_0803.jpg

Well, that is it for now. Time to get ready for the annual deer hunting trip to the interior on Monday. Won't be long till winter steel start showing up in good numbers, till then good luck to all,

SS

I agree with this also. These fish are enhanced by the Hatchery for people to utilize and if to many of these fish return to the Hatchery and start to become overpopulated the programs will be geopardized and then you will all be complaining that there is none. It took many years and a lot of hard work to rebuild these once troubled stocks. I have personally witnessed many of our local Guides voluntering in the collection of broadstock to ensure the sustainability of this fishery for the sport fisherman to enjoy, not to mention the added tourism brought on by this as well. I too take part in this action and it is some of the best fishing of the year. There are many CHROME filled days to be had if you know where to look. Tight Lines. COD JIGGER

I think BL should post some of his catch and release photos.... oh wait, he probably cant find them...;) Good job with the steelies guys looks like you had fun!

Was up top today on a boat. Water was still high, but fishable. My buddy and I had a day we will remember for a looooong time :D. Even hit a nice hatch on the last cast of the day for the bbq.

Back