here we go again

S

shake a paw

nov. marks the start of a new season 4 me.....goin 2 the stamper 4 some chromers.....best of luck 2 all hard core river rods....

spinnin,pinnin,and grinnin
shakes

A new season indeed. Water levels on the Stamp are very high right now. This is both good & bad news. While shore access is limited right now, there are a LOT of fish around. The salmon are mostly colored up now & in various stages of spawning. This combined with the high water washing thousands of eggs off the redds, makes for excellent summer run steelhead fishing. We were out with our buddy Nick from West Coast River Charters on Nov. 1st & 2nd & just hammered steelies. We hooked 35 on Saturday & 17 on Sunday after the water had risen a foot overnight. Had to look for them in totally different places on Sunday, but once we found them it was non-stop steelie action. Talked to Nick last night & he said they got 15 yesterday morning. Probably could have gotten more, but they killed four nice hatcheries & called it a day just after lunch. These fish are just puking up salmon eggs, so if you go, all you need is a jensen egg with a bit of peach or white wool on a number 2 hook ( Highly recommend Gammys ) on a three foot leader. We use slinkys so that you don't get hung up so much & just let the egg drag on the bottom. You could see the steelhead actually dig the egg out of the gravel & bite it. Really cool to watch!! If you are into summer run fun, this IS definitely the time to go. I would highly recommend giving Nick a call to see if he has any days left this month, you won't be disappointed. There are still a couple of spots to fish from shore, but you will not see the numbers you would from the sled.We will be hitting it up again Thursday, Friday & Saturday in the sled. Will keep you posted. Here is a few pics.

november08009.jpg

november08006.jpg

november08007.jpg

100_0781.jpg

100_0786.jpg

100_0788.jpg

100_0791.jpg

100_0794.jpg

100_0800.jpg

Thanks for the pics, nice fish! Man do I feel inept....:( SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Nice post Blackbeek!!!I coulda made a guess you would come on here and bash someone?You seen quite jealous?What's wrong is harris not producing for you this year?Do yourself and us a favour this year and stay away from port this year as you dislike the people that fish it and the way things are there!

Good luck!!

Originally posted by Blackleech

Rednecks in jet sleds yee haw
Now just a shot in the dark... you guys are the bucket brigade, right?

Wow!! You should really change your name to Greenleech if you are going to let raging jealousy dominate your life. Don't worry though, steelhead season is just starting & I'm sure sometime between now & April you will be able to hook a fish or two & ease some of the horrible pain in which you seem to live your life. Good luck with that & remember, breathe deep & keep repeating to your self I think I can, I think I can.

Just a quick update,
the boys were out in the sled Friday & hit 11 steelies in the upper by lunch time. All released I think. They spent the afternoon in the bottom between Swansons & the confluence & only hooked two summers, nice & clean though. They are fishing the upper all day today & I am hitting it up with them tomorrow morning. Will keep you updated. Also, water levels are very high right now.Looks like she is probably going to blow out here right quick, especially with all the rain still in the forecast.

quote:Originally posted by Blackleech

Rednecks in jet sleds yee haw
Now just a shot in the dark... you guys are the bucket brigade, right?
reads like a trailer post to me. [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by Blackleech

Is the cammo so the CO's don't see you guys? How many frozen bananas in your freezer now?
nice fish summersteel. :D BTW,ignore jealous posts,trips like yours' don't come cheap so those with sewn pockets have to get their aggression out somehow.

I've always loved how tough and lippy guys are behind a computer. I think it's great that someone takes the time to show us pictures of their trip. I for one, would love to get out more often, but life,wife,work,kids,sports all make it difficult. So seeing pics like that helps keep the imagination working.
Thanks,

Hey I like steely pics as much as the next guy.. how about some catch and release photos though instead of slaughter? Just because it's legal doesn't mean we have to bonk 2 steelhead every time we're out...

quote:Hey I like steely pics as much as the next guy.. how about some catch and release photos though instead of slaughter? Just because it's legal doesn't mean we have to bonk 2 steelhead every time we're out...

Whats the problem with bonking two and filling your card. If im not mistaken thats what hatchery fish are there for. Correct me if im wrong but i dont think hatchery fish are there to reproduce???? Are they not halting hatchery steelhead on the Cowie due to people not wanting to bonk them?

Im not going to fill my licence but i have no issues with anyone doing it......Nice pics!!! Its this **** from people like BL that make me not post....it aint nothing but ******** [}:)]

hahaha..jealous..lol...nice one bl. Stir the pot and get things going for 2008-9 gong show. Let the games begin....

I agree though...kind of made me puke in my mouth a bit with the slaughter. We're just too used to fishing for the wild ones.

Originally posted by Blackleech

Hey I like steely pics as much as the next guy.. how about some catch and release photos though instead of slaughter? Just because it's legal doesn't mean we have to bonk 2 steelhead every time we're out...

I guess you missed the pic of the one with the big adipose fin that was released. Oh well, I guess being blinded by jealousy will do that to ya!! Anyways, to comply with your request & hopefully stop some of your whining, here are some C&R pics of this year.

100_2202.jpg

peter7.jpg

fishinpics018.jpg

tony7-1.jpg

grassysteel.jpg

100_0612.jpg

quote:Originally posted by pnutz

Whats the problem with bonking two and filling your card. If im not mistaken thats what hatchery fish are there for. Correct me if im wrong but i dont think hatchery fish are there to reproduce???? Are they not halting hatchery steelhead on the Cowie due to people not wanting to bonk them?

Im not going to fill my licence but i have no issues with anyone doing it......Nice pics!!! Its this **** from people like BL that make me not post....it aint nothing but ******** [}:)]

Hey pnutz,

You are exactly right. Hatchery fish are there to be bonked. They serve their purpose as stars in a put & take fishery, plain & simple. When you see beeks like Blackleech whining & moaning about people killing hatchery fish, it just proves that they have no clue as to what they are talking about. Their bitterness towards others usually stems from their own inability to catch anything, so just take their posts for what they are worth; comic relief. Please don't let beeks like that keep you from posting fishing reports & pics. Most people here enjoy reading about a day on the water, tips for what they might be biting on & a few good fish pics.

A quick report from today,

The boys fished the upper all day today & managed 13 fish on. I believe they landed 10 & bonked 3 nice hatcheries. ( Sorry BL, turn away if you are squeamish) The water is almost getting to the unfishable level now. Most shore spots are gone & even fishing from the boat is getting tougher. I will be hitting it up tomorrow morning & will post report tomorrow night or Sunday.

I can't wait for everyone to start complaining about presure on the flow, I have a feling xmas holidays will come early on the stamp this year.

Back