HELP! Ripped Canvas Canopy Repair

Hi All,

I had a pretty big goof on the weekend and I'd like to get things fixed ASAP. I was towing my Thunderjet to park in between outings and I happened to catch the top of the canvas top on a low hanging branch. The rear supports flew back and it appeared the canvas had ripped. On closer inspection, the canvas itself didn't rip, only the seams. The picture below isn't my boat, but the exact same set-up. I'll try and get a pic of the damage but by the time I finish work it'd dark out.

Does anyone recommend someone in the Victoria area who would be able to sew together the canvas top in a short period of time?

B0-kmpkIAAAPjB8.jpg

I have done same thing...Go to Styles.... That' just a seam fix pretty easy than can resew it...There right downtown. I would just take off and bring it to them...

Thanks! I'll give them a call.

We were all in the car talking about how it was a great day out on the water and it couldn't have gone better. I guess we spoke too soon.

It kind of makes you consider the hard top doesn't it?

So before I get things taken care of, I thought I'd share the before pictures so that we can compare to the "After" photos. At least we snagged a few winter springs, so the day wasn't all bad. IMG_2612.jpgIMG_2607.jpg

Might be time to re stitch the whole top? I had mine restitched this summer as one then the next and next seam popped

Jeune Bros Tent and Awning. I have known the owners for my entire life. They are great people and do a fantastic job. I have had them redo a canvas for me before, and it was a re-stitch as well. It was perfect.

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

I popped into Styles the other day and they are working on it as we speak. I was thinking Jeune Bros, but Styles was pretty convenient to my work and they said they'd have it ready for the weekend. Launching at Pedder early Saturday, so I hoping it's ready.

I popped into Styles the other day and they are working on it as we speak. I was thinking Jeune Bros, but Styles was pretty convenient to my work and they said they'd have it ready for the weekend. Launching at Pedder early Saturday, so I hoping it's ready.

Good to hear yah they do very good work there.... I have to go in see them about getting a drop back curtain in new boat...

Got everything fixed up, they went ahead and restitched all the seams. They got everything done in a three day turnaround and I was able to get everything up and attached in time for the weekend. $240 taxes in. Couldn't be happier. You can bet we were extra careful when parking her again, probably time to take a hacksaw to that branch.

image.jpg

Back