Help cleaning corrugated floor on my boat.

RiverBoy

Well, my boat took yet another kicking this winter. Usual slime, imprints from leaves in my boat, etc.
My campion has a rough, finished floor, for grip purposes, that is always a nightmare to clean. No choice but to get on my hands and knees and scrub.

When ever I dispatch a fish, I bleed it immediately. But when the blood contacts my gel coat, it almost instantly stains if I do not wash it right away.

What are you guys using to protect your gel coat.? Normal wax? Does this also work on my grippy floor?

You should never wax your floor. You'll end up over board your getting your chicklets knocked out on a rail. I use a cheap electric power washer. On stubborn stains try bilge cleaner.

interlux heavy duty stain remover.. its like a bleach jel.. gently scrub it in .. let it sit for 10 mins. brush off while rinsing.. works great on the rain stains,greeners, rust stains etc... OXALIC ACID!! my boat loves it. so do i

I use the deck wash with ptfe from west marine, apply, lightly scrub with a wash brush let sit for a few mins and rinse
always looks nice and bright again

Try Starbrite products. Easy to use and very effective.
I used the Hull and Deck wash and the Instant Hull cleaner is amazing stuff.

I have a Campion with non skid deck and end up with stains from red maple leaves after sitting over the winter. tough to get out. I use some slightly diluted sunlight dishwasher detergent and mix in some bleach scrub around the floor and let sit for 5 or so and then rinse. Great for a boat on a trailer not so environmentally friendly in the water.takes them right out and brightens the floor. controversial i'm sure but I wax my non- skid as well as the whole inside of the boat(helps when trying to rinse off the fish blood). for mtce after I use the non skid deck cleaner as previously mentioned. BTW- many of the deck cleaners mention on the label environmentally friendly or similar - however if you read the fine print on some of them it is referring to the container it is bottled in.

Back