Heat Pumps

Stosh

I‘ve paid my deposit 5 months ago and still no word on when my equipment will be installed. I hear there is a supply problem that is causing this delay.
Has anyone recently had a heat pump installed, and if you have, what brand and size?
Thanks
Stosh

I‘ve paid my deposit 5 months ago and still no word on when my equipment will be installed. I hear there is a supply problem that is causing this delay.
Has anyone recently had a heat pump installed, and if you have, what brand and size?
Thanks
Stosh
My guy uses Daikin and hasn't had any issues.

Fujitsu Halcyon. Single head unit sized for 1500 square feet in our upstairs.

Only issue we had was the refrigeration line has pin holes in it. Discovered it a year in. My installer replaced it for free.

Fujitsu Halcyon. Single head unit sized for 1500 square feet in our upstairs.

Only issue we had was the refrigeration line has pin holes in it. Discovered it a year in. My installer replaced it for free.
Chinese copper . We’ve had some issues in grocery store piping causing pin holes all over the place. Nightmare

Yeah the latest is Chinese steel. Cold rolled and hot rolled sheets are extremely low quality. Suppliers are buying up whatever. Never seen such low grade steel. Absolute garbage.

I'm an hvac guy and do a couple dozen residential installs a year. For ductless splitsystems I typically stick with daikin, fujitsu and samsung. Reason being that if something goes wrong the suppliers of those products stock parts and offer support locally. The other brands typically don't stock parts so in the middle of the summer your system could be down and you'll be waiting 6 to 8 weeks for parts.
For central air, Allied, ducane, airease, lennox, carrier or york for the same reasons.
Size of system is all dependent on what you're trying heat or cool. If you have any other questions shoot me a message, I'd be happy to answer what I can.

Thanks
Stosh

I just installed a couple for friends and neighbors. Both fujitsu. It was a bit of a mess as the equipment I wanted to get (cheaper equipment) was ordered last year by supplier and even the supplier couldn't guarantee when it was going to be here ( apparently its on a boat somewhere). I worked around the issue by buying equipment that they had in stock ( low temp) it was more expensive but there was no wait. It sounds like the equipment that is back ordered should be here soon but who knows...

We installed an Amana 3 ton unit last year. It was fantastic to have it for the heat last June! During installation, they had to upsize some of the legacy gas furnace ducting so it's working as it should. In January there was a motor issue on the outdoor unit. Our provider replaced the entire outdoor unit within the week under the 10 year parts and labour warranty.

We had $6000 Clean BC grant so the installed system was less money than replacing the 28 year old furnace.

We've got a Mitsubishi variable speed heat pump now after having a York single speed for the last 17 years. The new one is light years ahead of the York, quiet, and way more efficient

We have a Trane heat pump, Trane HE furnace and their perfect air filtration system. It works super well and it's around 8 years old. The heat pump itself could be quieter but hey its a gigantic fan and it's on the quiet side of the house. I think I might check into what's new next year to see how much tech has evolved. The cooling is awesome and we love it. You will too!

We have a Trane heat pump, Trane HE furnace and their perfect air filtration system. It works super well and it's around 8 years old. The heat pump itself could be quieter but hey its a gigantic fan and it's on the quiet side of the house. I think I might check into what's new next year to see how much tech has evolved. The cooling is awesome and we love it. You will too!
When you replace it make sure you go with a side discharge outdoor unit. Even if they aren't variable speed compressors they are way quieter as the compressor is in an insulated compartment.

I should mention that we live on acreage and I really wanted to upgrade to a ground based geothermal heat pump when we we’re looking at upgrading our old York heat pump. We have the room to put the 2000ft of coil in the ground and because our water table is about 5 feet down in places on our property, the coils would have been under water most of the year making it extremely efficient and even cheaper to operate. But the refrigeration mechanics that work with my wife talked us out of the added expense to go geothermal as the newer air source heat pumps are really efficient for less cost. But in the back of my mind I really wanted the geothermal system as I still think it’s the way to go.

Back