Heat Gun recommendation ???

AlK

I am looking to purchase a heat gun for home use.

I have checked on Amazon and there a lot of heat guns available, but after the reading the reviews I am not sure what I should purchase. It appears that everything is made offshore. I am hopping to spend less than $100. Is there a particular name Brand/Model that any of you would recommend or stay away from?

Thanks

Got my cheapo at Summit. Like others have said, no point in going expensive. I think mine was $39

I bought a Black and Decker cheapo orange model, last year , on Amazon. $27 last year , now it’s $33. Going strong. Looks very similar to CT $50 one.

Remember before Amazon you couldn't find a heat gun unless it was a Wagner or a snap on rebranded unit, or some kind of industrial branded one. They were well over 150 bucks. 😅

I have this Wagner one. Had a cheap one from princess auto before but it lit itself on fire so I wanted to get a better quality one. It cools itself down when you shut it off by just running the fan. and it has hands free stand

Attachments

• IMG_5231.png
    IMG_5231.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 5
I have a corded 20yo, offshore, cheap, House Of Tools one that has earned its keep.
I also have a Dewalt cordless one that is now my go to as it is so convenient. No stupid cords. Stands on it battery out of the way.

I have a corded 20yo, offshore, cheap, House Of Tools one that has earned its keep.
I also have a Dewalt cordless one that is now my go to as it is so convenient. No stupid cords. Stands on it battery out of the way.
They have battery powered ones?! Ah ****, looks like I'm spending more money here soon

Perfect for warming up lunch on the job site haha
Fantastic. I'm getting tired of waiting for Makita to release more tools in the 40v category. I have 14 of those batteries. Went all in on them last year. First system that I've found to be MORE power than my corded stuff.

Back