HD 140 110 Volt Fishing Line Winder

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmon slayer

This unit is the one all of your favourite tackle stores have. Can handle all types of reels, braided lines, any size bulk spool, heavy duty service spool holder, high torque output shaft, adjustable disc brake system, made in the USA . Perfect for the person that has many reels to reline. Located in Port Coquitlam. Over $2800USD if bought new. $1200

Attachments

• B3CE3256-900A-4584-BBB7-939DEBB62767.jpeg
    B3CE3256-900A-4584-BBB7-939DEBB62767.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 100
This unit is the one all of your favourite tackle stores have. Can handle all types of reels, braided lines, any size bulk spool, heavy duty service spool holder, high torque output shaft, adjustable disc brake system, made in the USA . Perfect for the person that has many reels to reline. Located in Port Coquitlam. Over $2800USD if bought new. $1200
Pending Sale

I bought this Triangle HD 140 line spooling machine last week after hammering out a deal with the seller March 27th and agree pick it up when in Vancouver March 29th.

Went to his work place (FHC Logistics)on Annacis Island. Personable fellow, felt he was trustworthy paid him the agreed upon price, he even helped me load it into the back of my truck.

But wow, was I ever surprised to learn how many parts this unit was missing. I can’t even spool a reel with it, let alone take the line off a reel.

After reading this in text message “I have had this unit for quite a while and I can assure you that it’s not been abused. It has a variable speed petal and works fine.” I was lead to believe this unit worked. That this unit could actually be used. I trusted him.

I contacted seller asked him if maybe he had other parts at home that maybe he had forgotten to give me, but he didn’t find any.

So these parts have to be ordered from the US currently listing at approximately $726.05 plus shipping to Canada. So well over $1000cdn

I would believe that the responsible thing to do to continue to have some communication and try to resolve this matter.

I have asked him if someone else was interested in this machine, the possibilities of returning this machine to him at least have an open discussion about this . But instead, he’s decided to ignore this matter.

Prior to giving him my money the communication was immediate, now there’s zero communication. He can’t even reply to a text message.

UPDATE: Seller just replied

"I’m moving on. You did not buy something brand new."

Maybe somebody has parts for one of these, maybe a unit that’s not working and wants to sell the parts or acquire this one.

Any suggestions?

Any Interest?

Anyone with parts for one of these?

"Perfect for the person that has many reels to reline" infers it is operational. if the seller had stated it is missing a bunch of parts and is pretty much useless as is then I would think buyer beware.

C'mon man. Give him his money back. This forum doesn't work that way.

Here’s a couple photos of some of the missing parts, but there’s even more than this missing. I contacted Triangle with a list of parts and pictures, they contacted me back and told me that’s not all, I’d need even more.

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpeg
    IMG_4967.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4966.jpeg
    IMG_4966.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
This unit is the one all of your favourite tackle stores have. Could handle all types of reels if it was complete, braided lines, any size bulk spool, heavy duty service spool holder, high torque output shaft, adjustable disc brake system, made in the USA . Perfect for the person that has many reels to reline. Located in Port Coquitlam. Over $2800USD if bought new. $1200
fixed it for ya

Really sad to see. I have bought and sold stuff here and have never had any issues with all guys being upfront and easy to deal with. Should be a penalty of some kind. Seller needs to communicate at the very least.

Sorry to hear FA

Too bad. Pirates are everywhere. I’ve had zero bad experiences buying or selling on this site. After reading this I’ll be more cautious in the future. It’s unfortunate that one dirt bag ruins it for others.

Really sad to see. I have bought and sold stuff here and have never had any issues with all guys being upfront and easy to deal with. Should be a penalty of some kind. Seller needs to communicate at the very least.

Sorry to hear FA
Ostracization.

This site works on the honour system. Everything I have bought from members over the years has been represented properly. I have never been ripped off in a gear deal that started here.

In this case I suggest admin step in and do some homework on this. If this was a falsely represented item as FA claims, and the seller isn’t interested in making the sale good, then admin needs to remove the seller from this site.

Self policing might be the way admin chooses though, as in some cases, how do they get both sides of the story, details etc.

I have been monitoring this thread and have been in touch with FA about the ongoing situation. At this time, he has reached a point where he has the information he needs to proceed and suggested we close this thread, which I agree with. Given the number of buy/sell transactions that have occurred in this forum, we do not see this type of situation very often. In fact, I don't ever recall this happening. We have had a couple of situations where items were posted by a brand new member where it turned out they were spamming the Buy/Sell and we quickly removed them and their items for sale. I think most of our members would like to keep the Buy/Sell section open, as it has proven to be a trustworthy way for everyone to find fishing related products or move on from the things they no longer need for their own use. For our part, we will consider this situation dealt with and move on.

Thanks,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back