Hatchery chinook Heads during slot limits

No, How would an enforcement Officer determine that your retained filleted chinook was within the slot limit size ?

CRGreg
If you leave the fillets connected at the tail, and don’t cut out the backbone or the head, the fish’s length is easily measured from tip of nose to fork in tail as it’s all still connected.

I can't imagine many fishery offices caring about this if you got checked post turning in a head. Well they might care if the fillets are over 80cm but thats on you lol

id be happy to challenge any fishery officer on it if they checked me

There's going to be alot of 79cm head off fillets in coolers now lol

There's going to be alot of 79cm head off fillets in coolers now lol

I don’t no many heads that measure less then 1 cm out side of Ottawa.

you have to be able to prove that your fish is over 62 but under 80 of you marked it down on your License that you caught it in an area where there was a slot.

like a lot of people on here I leave the tail on with the fillet and most of the time the tail plus the fillet measured over 62. So removing the head is a non issue. In the small times where that wasent the case I kept the head on or took the chance.

the 80 max size pretty much means you have to keep the head. If you were fishing in an area with the slot till you return to your ordinary residence.

am I personally going to keep the head on if I visit the island and retain a fish that’s in the slot…,

Last edited:
I don’t no many heads that measure less then 1 cm out side of Ottawa.

you have to be able to prove that your fish is over 62 but under 80 of you marked it down on your License that you caught it in an area where there was a slot.

like a lot of people on here I leave the tail on with the fillet and most of the time the tail plus the fillet measured over 62. So removing the head is a non issue. In the small times where that wasent the case I kept the head on or took the chance.

the 80 max size pretty much means you have to keep the head. If you were fishing in an area with the slot till you return to your ordinary residence.

am I personally going to keep the head on if I visit the island and retain a fish that’s in the slot…,

I was being sarcastic lol
my fish, are left with heads on, including lings
till im home, only rock fish get filleted with skin on

Back