Hat Changin' Day

IronNoggin

So, after plying the briney aboard the Big Rig for close to 2 months this spring, I VERY much enjoyed taking a few days "down"! Actually got quite a lot of "catch up" done around The Hacienda - garden planted (and now doing well considering the late start), yard whipped into shape, the new pup back on track with his training, a good visit with the OutLaws, and of course some Fine Quality Time with The Missuz. Did manage to get out fishing a couple of times, but that was by no means a front-burner activity, and as a consequence I found the relaxation factor to be quite refreshing. And of course, all those days of "sleeping in" had me almost spoiled! [^]

Today, that is all coming to a rather frantic end. I am scrambling to get the last of my gear organized such that I can put my hands on whatever I might need in an instant's notice. The Islanders have been revived, well spooled and oiled up to purring perfection. New Shimano rods to replace a couple of the over-worked ones from the past are on hand. The Harpoon has been checked over, new rope added and the head sharpened to the point you could shave with it. Clothing, raingear (skins), cameras, and more gone over, packed and ready to roll...

The charter boat got something of a mechanical facelift this spring, all tweaked up and a few things replaced "just in case". The reports from the grounds suggest there are a lot of hungry fish out there, just waiting for the right presentation. And as much as I truly did enjoy having some time to spend off the water, I gotta admit, I am damn EXCITED to be getting back to what I do best! :D

So, within a few hours, I'll slip the Guide Hat on once again, and make my way down to Ukee. Looking forward to rubbing shoulders with my Companions who do the same, getting both new and old friends out on The Pond for some FUN, and settling into The Madness the sporting season always brings. This year is looking VERY good for fishing off the WCVI! In fact, if the fish keep rolling along as they have been (and are predicted to) this year may even top the splendid showing of last year's! [}:)]

My Dance Card is getting tight now, won't have but a few days "off" likely until the geese start to wing their way South once again. But there is the odd slot left if anyone might be so inclined...

Going to be a Fine Season methinks! I hope a few of you can make the journey and get out to see just what our Wild West Coast can offer up in terms of FUN! :D

Enjoy your summer, wherever that may happen to occur Folks! Play HARD and Play SAFE</u>!
I'll touch base from time to time as I am able...

Off and Away shortly now... [^]

Cheers,
Nog

sounds like your as pumped as I am! My boats ready to go as well, another couple grand in upgrades, and a spare engine on the side lines if needed.. hope not but its nice to know its there if I need it. Rip roarin to tear a strip off Nootka again, I may even "Fly By" some gorbs! Gotta love the fun! Cant wait to hang up the wrenches.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Dont have too much fun...... ya jerk [V]

:D:D

Back