Has anyone had experience with Robalo?

Robalo is a good LAKE boat. I don't think I would take too much chance taking one out in the saltchuck though. If you get one please be careful in her!!

quote:Originally posted by tidehunter

Robalo is a good LAKE boat. I don't think I would take too much chance taking one out in the saltchuck though. If you get one please be careful in her!!
Jeez,sorry buddy. I thought we were talking Robano.They were made in the late '80's in Kamloops and they were NOT for the ocean by any means. Sorry again,and Robalo are great boats. If you can, try for an outboard engine. My last one had an in/outboard and WOW...talk about $$$$bills. :(

My friend has an 18ft CC and we fish lake Ontario once week all summer. Very heavy solid boat, I don't know much about the west coast but I have been out in 6-8ft waves without a problem. It has a merc 150 on it.

A neighbor of mine has a 23 footer. I've never rode with him but have been along side him and watched it cut through some pretty nasty stuff like it wasn't there. I agree with a previous post, they are built really tough and are awesome boats. I think they look awesome too!!

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

A neighbor of mine has a 23 footer. I've never rode with him but have been along side him and watched it cut through some pretty nasty stuff like it wasn't there. I agree with a previous post, they are built really tough and are awesome boats. I think they look awesome too!!

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

Anyone see that big CC robalo for sale with a big merc on the back? Been around the for sale adds for awhile for cheap and i noticed good deals on alot of other robalos. They look sweet i dont see many on the water though.

Anyone see that big CC robalo for sale with a big merc on the back? Been around the for sale adds for awhile for cheap and i noticed good deals on alot of other robalos. They look sweet i dont see many on the water though.

quote:
Originally posted by kelly
They look sweet i dont see many on the water though.

Okay... guess I changed my mind, not enough said. :D

Robalo's only problem; Robalo and Boston Whaler are the same class of boat, for about the same price. People were/are buying the Whaler over Robalo. Robalo lost out to Whaler in 2001 when Brunswick (which owned them both) shut down the production in favor of the Boston Whaler. The production of the Robalo was down to about 60 boats a year. So you won't see many out there, but rest assured a boat in the same class as a Boston Whaler... Is a good boat. Brunswick then sold the molds to the present owners, which have done a fine job bringing the brand back.

I looked at Robalo. I preferred my Whaler over Robalo when I bought my Whaler (2003), but have to admit if you check out Robalo's new line ups... They are nice boats!! And if I were to buy 2009??? The Robalo just might win!!

I would buy one in a heartbeat!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by kelly
They look sweet i dont see many on the water though.

Okay... guess I changed my mind, not enough said. :D

Robalo's only problem; Robalo and Boston Whaler are the same class of boat, for about the same price. People were/are buying the Whaler over Robalo. Robalo lost out to Whaler in 2001 when Brunswick (which owned them both) shut down the production in favor of the Boston Whaler. The production of the Robalo was down to about 60 boats a year. So you won't see many out there, but rest assured a boat in the same class as a Boston Whaler... Is a good boat. Brunswick then sold the molds to the present owners, which have done a fine job bringing the brand back.

I looked at Robalo. I preferred my Whaler over Robalo when I bought my Whaler (2003), but have to admit if you check out Robalo's new line ups... They are nice boats!! And if I were to buy 2009??? The Robalo just might win!!

I would buy one in a heartbeat!!!!!

I agree with Charlie
The New Robalo's are some of the nicest boats in their class right now.
I'm a true Grady guy and if I were buying new now...Robalo would probably get my vote in certain models.
The new 305Robalo is a fantastic boat...and you have a choice of power unlike grady who only offers yamaha on new rides..
Maybe next year...I'm always looking to move up....

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

quote:Originally posted by richmake

I agree with Charlie
The New Robalo's are some of the nicest boats in their class right now.
I'm a true Grady guy and if I were buying new now...Robalo would probably get my vote in certain models.
The new 305Robalo is a fantastic boat...and you have a choice of power unlike grady who only offers yamaha on new rides..
Maybe next year...I'm always looking to move up....

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

I picked the Grady... My wife picked the Whaler, and I am glad she did! It's a *ell of an off shore boat! But you are right... the new 305 Robalo is a fantastic boat! And the Power?? You gotta love it!

Just a note!
Oh... BTW... Never heard of Robano??? Even Googled it and nothing came up???

Back