Harper has a problem

Absolutely incompetent and disgusting. And we are paying big bucks for that dribble.

As bad as many of our MP's are for the chances of improving the state of wild BC salmon, I must say that I am pleased to see that Fin Donnely (new west-coq-moody) is 100% on the same page as many of us on this forum who really just want to see the long-term sustainability /rehab of salmon stocks on the coast of BC. This is not meant to be a plug for any one political party but I really think this guy has the best in mind for our fish. I met him for the first time a couple weeks ago at a dinner and had a quick chat with him and got his card. I asked him about the current situation with the feds and covered a few topics (ISA, farms, etc). He gave me his card and I emailed him last week and he just called me back a couple days ago for a 30 minute chat. I don't email MP's often but I would think many/most wouldn't take 30 minutes to place a phone call to talk about things when a generic email reply would have sufficed. Anyways, he's up against the wall in terms of a pushing his (our) agenda through as he sits on a panel of 12 to discuss fish-related bills and 7 of those 12 are conservatives who he said can basically nix any ideas the other 5 on the panel have. Must be frustrating as hell but that the gov't we all put in power at the moment.

Back