hard top conversion opinions ?

I think your boat could handle it if you made it light (which you describe that you would). BUT, I think that you're taking your boat further and further down the path of being a unique one-off that makes resale more difficult. You can sell anything for the right price, but the more customized the boat becomes the narrower the audience is to buy it. So that's something to consider.

You've mentioned numerous times about moving on to a larger welded boat like the Riptide Saratoga. If that's still in the cards I'd personally avoid the hardtop on the KF and get moving on the Riptide.

Yep i get that but dont really care about resale since i'll likely just trade it in after stripping it like last time.
Problem with the saratoga is :
1. Dont have any tow vehicles large enough for it for at least 3-4 years.
2. Cant get into places like Chilliwack Lake which have a 20 foot limit (the KF just about squeaks in).
3. Cant get into 1.8 ft of water like the KF can (e.g. fraser middle arm, surrey south bend).
4. Not much better for overnight trips than a hard top KF.
5. Burns 4-5X more fuel which is a $400 day instead of a $100 day on a typical 150km weekend run.
6. No shower or full head.

So i'm debating just getting a seawind 1160 instead when i upgrade. Full kitchen, showers, beds, needs marina storage, long range circumnavigation capable but slow with twin 25HP outboards.

Yep i get that but dont really care about resale since i'll likely just trade it in after stripping it like last time.
Problem with the saratoga is :
1. Dont have any tow vehicles large enough for it for at least 3-4 years.
2. Cant get into places like Chilliwack Lake which have a 20 foot limit (the KF just about squeaks in).
3. Cant get into 1.8 ft of water like the KF can (e.g. fraser middle arm, surrey south bend).
4. Not much better for overnight trips than a hard top KF.
5. Burns 4-5X more fuel which is a $400 day instead of a $100 day on a typical 150km weekend run.
6. No shower or full head.

So i'm debating just getting a seawind 1160 instead when i upgrade. Full kitchen, showers, beds, needs marina storage, long range circumnavigation capable but slow with twin 25HP outboards.
Didn’t know chilliwack lake had a size restriction. Havn’t been there fo almost 20 years,guess my 24’ srv is a bit big.

So i'm debating just getting a seawind 1160 instead when i upgrade. Full kitchen, showers, beds, needs marina storage, long range circumnavigation capable but slow with twin 25HP outboards.[/QUOTE]

That would do it for me!

Back