Halibut

I have an available seat on tomorrow’s halibut charter. 430 am start
$200
4:30 am start for halibut I would just as soon fish the tide change later in the morning where I like to fish hali.
Where did you say you were going??
Bye the way...has anyone noticed Co Op is now pumping ONLY PREMIUM gas now. No Ethanol

Last edited by a moderator:
4:30 am start for halibut I would just as soon fish the tide change later in the morning where I like to fish hali.
Where did you say you were going??
Bye the way...has anyone noticed Co Op is now pumping ONLY PREMIUM gas now. No Ethanol
We are fishing the mudhole. A 430 start means we get a 5 hour window. At noon the tide is ripping at 1.29 knots. Doesn’t slow down enough until 130. This way we fish for salmon after halibut

We are fishing the mudhole. A 430 start means we get a 5 hour window. At noon the tide is ripping at 1.29 knots. Doesn’t slow down enough until 130. This way we fish for salmon after halibut
sounds like a plan....you do know how to fish hali...that's for sure. good luck. We are going to try that combo Sept. 1

I saw what I think was "Roberth's" Donzi 23 fishing the breakwater yesterday,nice looking rig.Sure looks like a Grady 228 or 232.Didn't know he chartered.

I was there. Started at Albert Head and then moved over to the waterfront. I left at 10 to get ready for todays charter. With only 2 people on board we will do halibut first and then come to the waterfront for salmon after. I’ve been licensed to charter for years. Now I’m 68 I just do regulars and a few select dates. It looks like a Grady because Grady bought the design from Donzi to create their 23 Seafairer.

Back