HALIBUT IN SIDNEY

C

CLUBBER

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF ANY HALI CAUGHT IN SIDNEY. BEEN LOOKIN. HEARD RUMOURS THAT THERE OUT THERE BUT HAVENT FOUND ANY. IVE BEEN CATCHING SALMON THOUGH.

quote:Originally posted by CLUBBER

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF ANY HALI CAUGHT IN SIDNEY. BEEN LOOKIN. HEARD RUMOURS THAT THERE OUT THERE BUT HAVENT FOUND ANY. IVE BEEN CATCHING SALMON THOUGH.

There's a little bank off behind Little D'Arcy, try out there. (23 meters or so) Fish maybe on the outside of it, in 200ft of water or so. Be careful out there, and Post back if you you're out and let me know how you do! Watch out for rock fish closures in that area, near D'Arcy Islands.

CLUBBER i have caught 4 or 5 hali off of darcy sholes a few years back not sure if the area is an RCA now though . also seen a sea lion eatting one off of James island about 20 years ago what a sight that was i will never forget that. cheers!!!

You'll actually have to fish NORTH from that location, there is NO FISHING in that area permitted, ALL YEAR! (ROCK FISH CLOSURE).

I've lived and fished around Sidney for 20 years and have heard tales of halibut caught in the channel between James and Sidney Islands while bouncing the bottom for salmon. Never from a person who was actually there, of course...

Back