Halibut Fishing to Close Sept.09,2012

Once again DFO has lied to us will this madness ever end???? doubt but tell me how 5 years ago when we first took this hit from 2 per day to 1 per day and shorter seasons and now less fisherman how in the world we are exceeding the quota ????at a 50% reduction ?????? hhhmmmm oh right DFO AND VOOOOODDDDOOOOO math f$%KEN idiots

No sector or group should have caved to the one over one under size limit that was rammed down our throats this year.
DFO would NEVER have closed the season in Aug.
Too much backlash from all sectors and too much revenue would have been lost.
In the past when the rec sector was over their allocation they borrowed from unused FN quota.

What we have now and forever is this one over one under her to stay and we are in EXACTLY the same position as last year with a Sept closure.

Just my two cents.

As with all government agency announcements that are unpopular or not easy to defend, I would imagine that we will hear about it formally 5-5:30 today (Friday) in hope that the weekend will cool peoples frustrations..... ya OK.

PS two under 25 lbs in the boat this year. Pathetic!

When guys are catching halis (small) in 50 feet of water in Barkley Sound I find it hard to believe the population is in decline.

And I just ordered some new rods...

I might add that I was not insinuating that stocks are in decline, rather that the TAC is not accurate in terms of what has been retained by the rec sector.

No sector or group should have caved to the one over one under size limit that was rammed down our throats this year.
DFO would NEVER have closed the season in Aug.
Too much backlash from all sectors and too much revenue would have been lost.
In the past when the rec sector was over their allocation they borrowed from unused FN quota.

What we have now and forever is this one over one under her to stay and we are in EXACTLY the same position as last year with a Sept closure.

Just my two cents.

FN fish has never covered the sports allocation and never will. The commercial sector ends up covering 85% of the rec overage As the overage is taken off the big number the following year.

On a positive note I have heard reports that commercial fishing ( no not the lodge and charter commercial side) was very strong this year so cross your fingers it was picked up by the IPHC charter boats and that the IPHC can produce some bigger numbers for us. And if your bored write a letter demanding that Alaska reduce it's by catch and maybe we can get some of the 1,000,000 lbs back that there drag fleet throws over dead every year.

Let's Hope NOT CL! EXACTLY the WRONG move, and EXACTLY what they are trying to pressure us into doing!
We simply cannot buy in to that particular pile of Bull Crap!

If that starts in any real numbers, there will be NO way to further the cause towards our Rightful Access! :(
And we will have bought into their Illegal Agenda of Private Ownership of fish that still swim!

Nog

Agree completely Nog....
Don't do it!

Back