Hali Pat bay

Hundy

Has anyone tried or had any luck fishing Halibut in Saanich Inlet. I would think with the prawn, squats and octopus there should be lots around.

I have given that area a medium effort while waiting for the prawns to take up residence in my traps......no hali, I have found Sole in the inlet on the various flat bottom areas..

Has anyone tried or had any luck fishing Halibut in Saanich Inlet. I would think with the prawn, squats and octopus there should be lots around.
Thanks for the info. Are the Sole of size worth seeking out?

One you get a short distance from shore, inside the inlet is deep and dead. I have had some pretty decent Sole/flounder fishing in a few spots. Was out Friday and jigged around Wain Rk and then over by Cherry pt. Fair amount of bait at the latter. Crabbing pretty good there to. Something to do while the prawn traps load up.

Apparently there is quite a six gill population down deep in the middle of the inlet
I’ve tried a couple bumps for hali with no love

One you get a short distance from shore, inside the inlet is deep and dead. I have had some pretty decent Sole/flounder fishing in a few spots. Was out Friday and jigged around Wain Rk and then over by Cherry pt. Fair amount of bait at the latter. Crabbing pretty good there to. Something to do while the prawn traps load up.
Thank you

My sister and her husband got a 50 lb and a 70 lb out if Satellite Channel a few years back jigging for cod, I couldn’t believe it until I saw the photos.

Back