Hali on Constance

Gypseas

Fished most of the day for some buts but got a ton'a doggies.
My arm's still sore from winching up so many dogs. Dropped a few packs of bait feeding the pesky buggers[B)]

Isn't a little late for dogs?WTH[xx(]
vic

Nope, Doggies are here year round ....they just change depths and size.;) For Hali just shallow up ? or deeper might work. If you cant get away from them use doggie belly flap for bait.If that dont work try a jig or plastic...just keep trying thats the Trick. Good Luck:D

I heard there was a 146lb hali taken off middle bank today

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

Fished most of the day for some buts but got a ton'a doggies.
My arm's still sore from winching up so many dogs. Dropped a few packs of bait feeding the pesky buggers[B)]

Isn't a little late for dogs?WTH[xx(]
vic

I am not sure whats going on. I like to fish for hali in the fall, and usually I get 1-5 dogfish per trip. Yesterday we had 50 dogfish big and fat:(:(, today we had 31 no hali just ef.. dogs !!!:(

Same here. Repeat from couple of days ago. Tried different tricks, different spots. No flattie just yet. Saw a chicken at Pedder beeing filleted but thats 'bout it.
9 hours on the bank today. Got my first rat fish, rather ugly looking fish[:eek:)]

Cheers y'all
vic

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

Same here. Repeat from couple of days ago. Tried different tricks, different spots. No flattie just yet. Saw a chicken at Pedder beeing filleted but thats 'bout it.
9 hours on the bank today. Got my first rat fish, rather ugly looking fish[:eek:)]

Cheers y'all
vic

Dont worry, it wil happen. Been there, done that myself, then, all of a suddent, halibut will get to be a pain in the arse. EVERY time you troll near the bottom, you will get them, you'l have the opposite problem. Just put in your time.

We had some good fall Hali action with Striper Jack today off Victoria, managed three Chickens to the boat after sorting through the woofers. Flat calm and 0 for current, allowed us to pick up two on the drift. I've never seen it so still out there, just hovering over our spot.

IMG_1909.jpg

Back