GW 282 Sailfish issues?

Not so sure about that,I've seen a few Seasports for sale in the Seattle area in the $30-$40K range that I'd like if I got 30% off. Depends what your looking for I guess,quality boats go for quality prices.

Exactly. In Canada they'd be marked up by the exchange (X1.34) or CAD$40-52k)

The VALUE of the boat remains the same. The price is dictated by the local currency.

And yes, quality boats go for quality prices.

Cheers!
Howard

Grady's have a blunt sharp entry great in a head sea, problem is following sea that design digs in way to much causing that turn and roll effect. Trick is drive only a tad faster than the speed of the swell and that won't happen. Overal Grady hull performance I found not great, takes loads of horsepower or they feel lethargic behind the wheel. On troll or at rest the layout is awesome for fishing and the gravity drain holding are well thought out. Had a couple Searay laguna's 24's and they road way better in a following sea than the gulfstream I had which was a 2000. But head sea ride was better in the Grady so I think it's hard to have the best of both worlds as far as a boat that rides great in both and head and following sea. 282 is a beauty boat but only for hardcore fishermen as the helm offers barely any cover out of the weather. Probably look express style would be best. I think the 285 Pursuit would be a good choice in that size range and worth a look.

Trim Grady’s up in a following sea and be on the wheel/throttle to control shearing. It’s not that bad, the benefits of a deep V cutting swell/chop outweigh it.

Remove inside arm rests on the seats if your main focus is fishing. Agreed they’re a pain and catch on jackets.

I bet the pre Seavee 2 hulls ride better in a following sea than the newer Seavee 2 hulls as the entry doesn't appear to be as sharp. But Seavee 2 will ride better in a head sea no doubt, hull design trade offs :) Did test drive a pre Seavee 2 hull in a 24 Grady Offshore had a 300 HPDI was a chop on the test run was super disappointed in the ride just pounded.

Last edited:
Back