Guide outfitting company launches class-action suit against B.C.

Got something of an answer... From one involved:

fc807926a324c8d71c6b3f9d770272b3.png

So each year we receive a quota letter outlining what our yearly quota is based on our 5 year maximum quota.

So in 2017 I had a quota of 2 grizzly in my northern concession, my southern concession is owned by an American Corporation even though I hold the Guide/Outfitters license so they will fight as a separate entity.

So my compensation offer is based off those 2 bears for just that one season. In essence $15,500 maximum per bear on quota ($31,000 max )

This was the first year (2017) of our new 5 year quotas, so even the guys with the lowest quota in the province of 1 bear in 5 years, would be included because they had 1 bear on quota in 2017. The highest quota I know of was 26 bears in 5 years, so that outfit would have had 5 or 6 bears on quota for the first year (2017)

The class action lawsuit is based on your 5 year quota, so far more accurate as to what each Outfitter will be eligible to receive, if we win that is.

And yes Matt, share away. I don’t believe it was meant to be kept a secret from our end.

Cheers,
Nog

They have tax returns.Compensation will be based on taxable income.

No actually it won't.
It has to be based upon predicted income, directly due to their assigned quota.
The government (as usual) is playing dirty, and offering up a single year's worth.
Apparently that is not going to fly...

Nog

Back